Wednesday 5 April 2023

Lawn Fawn Giant Outlined Happy Birthday


Hi Peeps...

I recently bought a couple of the new Lawn Fawn Giant Outlined Happy Birthday dies.... one in portrait, the other in landscape - and I've been playing!  Oooh these are going to be used a LOT in my craft room... I know they will!

Firstly I blended Distress Oxides onto card panels... going from light to dark - one in blues and the other in pinks.  Then I die cut the coloured panels... being very careful to keep all the tiny bits. Then I diecut the same but in white card.  

I'll just tell you now how I used the blue one (it was the same for the pink!) I adhered the white diecut onto some bazzil cardstock 4.25 x 5.5 inches, in pale blue.  Then I carefully adhered all of the diecut coloured pieces into the relative spaces on the card.  The shading on the letters against the white looks great!  

And then.... bonus time!  When you've cut the DO blended card to use the letters, you're left with the frame - which, when adhered to a white card, looks almost as good as the first!


Distress Oxides Used:
Blues - Tumbled Glass, Salvaged Patina, Peacock Feathers, Blueprint Sketch
Pinks - Spun Sugar, Kitsch Flamingo, Saltwater Taffy, Picked Raspberry

I decided there was no need of any other bits on these cards - but I'm sure you could add tiny characters etc. 

I'm sorry if I'm not the best at describing the process... but it really is self explanatory when you start.  Also, sorry I was getting shadows yesterday across by cards when I took the photos....  YES WE HAD SUN - yayy!!!  

Happy Crafting...

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x