Monday 5 January 2015

New Release day at Whimsie Doodles


Hi Peeps.... 

Today is new release day at Whimsie Doodles...  and I think Melyssa has come up with some fabulous new images this month!  I think all the DT were spoiled for choice and I did have difficulty deciding, but I eventually chose to go with this little lady - Abby Gables - available HERE.

Now I do tend to sit and stare at all my Copics when I try to decide on which predominant colour to go for,  and my eyes are always drawn to the pink section first.......  BUT... I held out and went for violets/lilacs this time..


Card Recipe:
Colouring: Copics -
Hair: E21, E34,  E23,
Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20
Dress and Hat: V000, V01, V15, V17
Shoes: N1, N3
Shading: Blender, W0, W1, W3
Dies: Lil Inkers Stitched Ovals, Dienamics Blueprints Sets 12 and 3
Paper - Pink Petticoat Wild Blossoms
Glitter and Gem

I'm afraid it's such a very plain and simple design... but despite trying very hard, I didn't like anything else I tried to add,,,,, or do you think it was Abby telling me she didn't need anything else around her?  Just a pretty bow like the ones in her hair??  OK my imagination is getting carried away now!! 

I hope you'll drop by the Whimsie Doodles Blog HERE to see what the other DT members have come up with to inspire... and to see the other wonderful new release images in the shop HERE.

Big Hugs

19 comments:

  1. The purple is so pretty Christine - love your card. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous Christine, and I love the purples. It's my next fave after pink!
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous ... Love the lilac colour tones :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely have times when images talk to me and tell me how they wish to be coloured or embellished... unless I am just talking to myself?!

    Anyhoo, this image looks fab on the CAS design and in the pretty lilac shades :-)

    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very sweet Christine! Her lavender outfit looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks gorgeous just as she is! Love the colour.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, love the lilac colours. Gail xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card and great choice of colour and I would say, you can't beat sweet and simple, sometimes things tend to get lost if the card is over crowded.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really envy you your beautiful ability to create the most gorgeous cards my friend. Everything you make is 1st class and totally gorgeous. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect just as it is... sooo pretty :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't be afraid Christine, the desighn is wonderful, you can't beat CAS. It's a delightful card and a very sweet image. I really do like those 'stitched' dies, must consider have a look at them :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its just adorable the design is spot on brilliant love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cutie and so perfectly coloured.
    Love your CAS design - the focus is on the fabulous image :o)
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Christine!!! :) Yes, I agree, she doesn't need anything else .. this is just GORGEOUS the way it is right now! I do love the lilac shades also .. it's very soft and beautiful!

    Hope you are having a lovely night dear!


    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Christine!! She is SO PRETTY in purple! What a sweet girl! Nothing plain and simple about your card...it's GORGEOUS!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. She was definitely telling you she didn't need anything else because this card is perfect exactly as it is! I love the gorgeous purple colour scheme and the sparkly bow looks so pretty.
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving the purple Christine. Plain and simple? it's just perfect in my eyes ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous image, gorgeous paper, fabulous card, hugs, Colette xx

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x