Thursday 8 January 2015

A little cutie at In The Pink...



Hi Lovely Blogging Friends...

Today it's time for another challenge at In The Pink - and it's an ANYTHING GOES challenge so nice and easy!

I chose to use yet another little cute image (think I'm falling in love and finally finding my 'thing'!)  This little lady is from CC Designs Pollycraft - and is called Sugar...  hmmm, I think that title is self-explanatory as she's soooooo sweet!

Now I decided to do a shaker card... but wanted the aperture to be totally see- through instead of the usual white background - and I've tried to take some photographs to show what I've done.  There are two layers of acetate, but without the usual foam pads so it doesn't have too much depth - just enough depth for the sequins and stars to float around in!  The first layer of acetate was added behind the pink layer - and the second on to the front of the card (after the circle aperture was diecut through both the pink and white together - to ensure it being in the right place!)  Then I added some thin double sided tape around the aperture to keep the sequins inside!



And because the aperture is see through, you can't just print or write a sentiment on the inside of the card as it can be seen!


So... I printed out the inside sentiment and made another little plain folded card shape... that lifts up to show the sentiment! Does all that make sense??  Hope so!



Card Recipe:
Colouring: Copics -
Hair: E21, E25,  E29,
Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20
Dress, Shoes and icing: R81, R83, R85, RV91, RV34
Cakes E30, E25
Uni Posca White Pen for hearts on dress
Dies: Lil Inkers Stitched Circles and Stitched Tags, Mama Elephant Confetti
Sentiment - Pink Petticoat
Glitter, Sequins, and Martha Stewart Iridescent Stars from Stash

Why don't you pop over to In The Pink HERE to see what the other lovely Pink Ladies have made and to join in the Anything Goes fun?

Thanks to all that take the time to look through my blog and continue to support me by leaving comments...  They do all mean a lot to me and I just want to let you know they are all very much appreciated!

Big hugs

20 comments:

  1. Ooooh wow this is gorgeous!! Loving the hot pink :-) ... & love the fact you have done a shaker card, it's years since I did one, you have inspired me to try one again!! Crafty hugs Juls xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous, and yes, it does make sense, great idea doing the folding inner that way :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous aperture card! I love the way you've done the sentiment - I may use that idea! Love the layout of this card and the pretty little image. I really hope I get time to play along with the challenge this month. Hugs, Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christine, what a wonderfully pink and pretty card hun, great job with the aperture, it looks amazing. The little Pollycraft lass is such a cutie too. All round awesomeness. Hugs Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fabulous idea! And so beautifully put together. LOVE that image! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blingtastic! Just love this cutie and all the fab details. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a real winner of a card, my friend! I love the sweet image and your fabulous colouring! The design is fantastic! You make me want to make a shaker card! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Drop dead gorgeous and dead clever too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. There was me thinking that this was a sweet little shaker card and then you took it up a whole other level with the clever double acetate window and flap inside - OMG, that just blew my tiny little mind!

    I am definitely going to have to try this, it's utterly brilliant :-)

    And it's pink so that's double brilliant!

    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, Love the girlie and of course the pink. Fabulous idea for the inside too to get around the acetate issue.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh (squeals) what a cutie she is Christine! love all the sequins too and the pink of course. I have made a pink card at last too....well it has pink on it.Not sure it qualifies for ITP though hmm? not much pink! hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes Christine you are doing these cards so very well I think that you may have found your niche as you do seem very comfortable with this style of card. Love the card by the way and very clever.
    Thanks for your comment and to be quite honest after I had done the post it suddenly dawned on me that those who are not familiar with Miss Di and the Snippets Playground would have no idea what I was on about, but it was too late but glad you recognised the songs and sorry for the confusion.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card. You are right this is a super cute image, love how you have made the shaker card. Gail xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE this so much Christine! totally adorable and so gorgeous, the design is brilliant.
    hugs
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sweet and the design is gorgeous love the shaker card idea its all fabulous love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whos a clever thing then...love it...Happy New Year - sorry for lack of postings and comments...Cheers to 2015
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  17. So very sweet Christine! Love how you colored the sweet image and the shaker full of goodies looks fantastic! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww, she is so sweet and what a brilliant design...very clever.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is one of my favourite creations that you've made! I absolutely love your stunning shaker design with those pretty sequins. And such a gorgeous shade of pink!
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous, love how you've done the shaker, and the image is super cute, hugs, Colette xx

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x