Thursday 15 January 2015

A Fishy Valentine...

 

Hi Peeps...

Yes it's me... back again!!  And yes (for those of you who are shocked) it's me... using orange!!  But for good reason, I promise...

Today is the start of a new challenge at Whimsie Doodles - and our theme for the first one of the year is...

IT MUST BE LOVE

Now when I looked through the fabulous Valentines images at Whimsie Doodles, I saw this one, and for whatever reason, it really appealed to my sense of humour - so I dug out my oranges and this is what I came up with - hope you like...  



Card Recipe:
Papers - My Minds Eye Tickled Pink (! even though they are orange and blue)
PC generated sentiment of my own imagination
Die: Paper Trey Ink Ric Rac Border
Glitter and Glossy Accents
Colouring - Copics
Fish YR00/02/24, W3
Blue Water: B000/01/14
Sand E42/33
Reds: R32/24
Glass - C1

Why don't you pop over to the blog HERE and see what the very talented DT ladies have come up with to inspire..  there are some real beauties I can promise you and I know that you'll be spoiled for choice with the images!  There are prizes to be won, and GDT places too!

http://www.whimsiedoodles.blogspot.co.uk/

That's me done for a little while now (why do the posting dates all come at once?  Good job I was well organised in advance! YES I was!! LOL)

Big crafty hugs... 

19 comments:

  1. Now I'm not a fan of Valentine's usually, but this card has really tickled me. I love your LO and the cute image.
    Can you just stop it now, 'coz yer costing me a fortune rushin' orf to buy all these images! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brilliant card Christine, those little fish look so sweet and the papers suit them perfectly.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it - great sentiment!!
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just great the sentiment is perfect Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card Christine, love it!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous, love the image and brill sentiment...made me smile!
    The small flower pink petticoat paper I used on my card is the Daisy Bouquet but can not find it on their web site now (I have had it a while now) Sorry just edited my post to say so :( was in a bit of a rush last night when writing up post!
    hugs
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute Christine! Those gold fish are darling :) Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card, love these little fishes. Gail xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant card so different from the usual Valentines :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this, everything put together so well.

    You asked about the paper on my card. It's 'summer fresh' by Simple Stories. It was a random little pad I picked up in TKMaxx very cheaply.

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  11. so gorgeous christine.fab design and colours and i love the fun fish :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card Christine - such a cute image and I love the colours.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh...it's just TOO CUTE, Christine!! Great colours and colouring, and the sentiment is so fun!
    Thanks for the reminder to link up to In the Pink! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving this card Christine and the sweet fishes too. Infact loving the orange too...oh my ! Sorry comments are late but getting to grips with a new 'puter argghhh!.....bought same day I was told to get one, arrived next day, son arrived that day too and fixed it up......sooo much to do...and so quickly, head in a spin still !!!! Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A orange card? Organised in advance?? Did someone hack your blog Christine?! Are you feeling ok?!

    Ok, I know it's still you because despite the orange and turquoise (fab combo BTW) the super cute design and little hints of sparkle/shine gave you away!

    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. love this Christine..it's sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a fun image and sentiment - this card really brought a smile to my face! Love the papers too.
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. hahahahah! Christine! This sentiment is soooo DARLING! And your colouring is GORGEOUS! Her lips look so nice and lush and glossy! hehehehe!!! What a super sweet card .. I love it!

    Hope you are having a lovely week so far!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x