Saturday 12 July 2014

A quick Golden Wedding card..


Hi Ladies..

I just wanted to show you a very quick-to-make Golden Wedding card that I made for some friends of ours..  although the photograph doesn't do the card justice I'm afraid. 

I used the Clearly Besotted Trellis Die..  and stuck it to a Lil' Inkers Stitched Square... then had an idea to use some punched flowers and flourishes...  I thought it needed a couple of butterflies too.  I used gold mirri card for the trellis and flourish (so difficult to see the gold on here without enlarging the photograph), and pearlised white for the flowers and butterflies.  The sentiment is just done on the PC using Vivaldi font, but I have the colour mix so it looks gold when printed.  (Update as I've been asked:  The mix is Red 165, Green 138, and Blue 82).   A tiny bit of gold stickles in the centre of the flowers and butterfly - and it was finished!  Hope you like..  

Hope you all have a lovely weekend - we're off to a Food Festival tomorrow.....  enough said!! hehe!

Big hugs

18 comments:

  1. Oooo this is really pretty, very elegant, i really like the butterflies they really set it off x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi from another Christine. Love this card, so elegant. The printed sentiment is perfect, could you let us know the colour mix to print gold lettering, would be most appreciated.
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really elegant Christine. Lovely golden wedding card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Christine, so elegant :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely CAS card and such a very different and pleasing card for a Golden Wedding.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning CAS card Christine, I love the trellis shape :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fabulously CAS!!! The couple are going to treasure this beautiful card Christine! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an incredible design, so elegant - I struggle with golden wedding cards but this is absolutely perfect!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. I didn't use the cameo on my latest card chuck! You didn't read the first bit of my post, did ya! LOL xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful and elegant - perfect for the occasion.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very CAS and so very beautiful :-)
    I really love the elegance of all the elements and that stitched border just lifts the image off the base beautifully.

    I hope you had a lovely day at the food festival.. yum yum!

    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. so stunning and stylish christine.the design is so elegant ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A food festival? Ooh...yummy! I hope it was as yummy as your gorgeous card! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the update on the colour mix, will try that when I get back from my holiday !
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. me again Christine LOL. My cousin had 10 birthday cards from me a couple of months ago, so they are not all doom and gloom :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi hon, ooh this is a lovely card, I never think of ideas like this they are so elegant!! Hope all is well with you hon, your poor daughter fancy being in London instead of Bermuda!!! P x

    ReplyDelete
  17. FABULOUS...the only word for it Christine :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x