Thursday 27 March 2014

Easter/Spring Challenge at The Sugar Bowl


Hi Ladies

Hope you're all well...  the sun is shining here today.... but it's not kidding me... it's COLD out there - so I'm going to wrap up warm when I go for coffee with my friend this morning!  Barry and I went up to Northallerton to do a bit of pottering yesterday and I thought it looked nice weather... but I ended up cold and wet as it started sleeting while we were out!

The Sugar Bowl

I'm here today with my card for the new challenge over at The Sugar Bowl...  the theme is Spring/Easter and I thought this little lady fitted the bill (bill/beak??  get it??)  

I tried and tried to think of a sentiment..  but couldn't come up with one so it's without at the moment... though my lovely OH did suggest I should add 'I said EASTER not GEESTER'.... Hmmmm I don't think so!!

The image is Goosey Gander and is available in rubber from Funky Kits HERE.  I've coloured her with copics... diecut her with my Li'l Inkers Stitched Rectangles,  used paper from Pink Petticoat... then some ribbon, gems and diecut flowers (Marianne Creatables LR0145)

I've used a different card style for this CAS card...  I thought it suited!  I saw this on, hmmm, I think it was Create and Craft...  and it's so easy to do and still folds up into an envelope.  Don't know what it's called, but if you want to know more, I can always give you the measurements.  It really stands quite strong.




I hope you'll pop over to The Sugar Bowl to see what my lovely teamies have come up with for the Easter/Spring theme..  I can tell you now, they're creations are gorgeous!  Then why don't you enter.. but don't forget to use a Sugar Nellie image... you have plenty of time to do it and there's such a lovely prize of FOUR rubber stamps of your choice!!

Big hugs and Happy Crafting

17 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card, I love the paper and your border of lovely flowers. The card style looks fab too.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. She's so sweet and I love the blue daisies and how you've matched the papers and embellies too.

    I have a quick query for you - I was so lucky to win the Sugar Bowl challenge 2 months running and emailed the owner to say I felt guilty and wondered if she'd like to redraw, but I never got an answer. Do you know if she's having trouble with her emails? I guess it doesn't matter as I wasn't happy to accept a prize 2 months running, but I guess I just expected some reply! hey ho!

    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab colouring Christine, the image suits your pretty colours so well. Great card. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Er Hello!! Where is the real Christine, there seems to be more blue cards on here lately than your beloved PINK!!! Mind you they are all rather fabulous!! Such a cute image and coloured to perfection Mrs!!
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Christine, loving the blue....yes I am into blues atm. shock horror ! Such a pretty image too, resisting the urge to buy it so far....you cost me so much when I visit lol. Cough going now btw., yes I use Covonia too :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooops mean't to mention....great card fold also, must have bash at one of those sometime :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really sweet card and love the soft blue. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Christine! Love the sweet image! The pretty flower border add such a sweet touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI sweetie, this is just gorgeous, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always loved this image, but for some reason I don't own it! Gorgeous card, such a fab design and love the soft colours, the flower border looks very pretty too :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really adorable card, sweet image and papers, border with flowers looks great.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is one beautiful image hun super design too hugs cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. it is a gorgeous image and card, I wouldn't put a sentiment on the front, it's perfect as it is :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. so so pretty Christine! Love the daisies on that daisy paper!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so gorgeous christine.i love your blue colours and the image is stunning ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww this is so pretty & in BLUE too..lol love the detailed stitched die shows off the image perfectly..great card shape too..

    smiles Christine the other one xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm really loving trying out different fancy folds at the moment so will have to give this one a go! The CAS design is lovely too...even in blue!
    I would have had no idea re: appropriate sentiment either though!
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x