Thursday 6 March 2014

A card for Mummy...

 

Hi Girls

Hope you're all well and seeing signs of Spring around the corner...  and I hope the weather stays as mild as it's been of late..  I really do think we've got away with it this Winter..  (so far! keeping fingers firmly crossed that is..)

I'm here with my card for our new challenge at IN THE PINK.. and this time the theme is Mother's Day/Special Lady.

This little cutie has been sitting on my desk for a little while now waiting to be inked up, stamped and coloured..  and as I thought that she's be perfect for this challenge, I went ahead and gave her the pink treatment!

Card Recipe:
Image: CandiBeans Wendy's Bouquet
Colouring: Copics (RV00, R81, R83, R85, R89 for Dress)
Die: Spellbinder Nestie Large Ovals
Paper: Bella Pink Fusion Flourishes
Ribbon from Stash - this is actually deep pink, but looks red on the photo!)
Glitter and Cosmic Pearl Glue for dots from Stash
Sentiment done on computer - Stampin Up Punch for oval

I hope you like this little one..  she really is going to be one of my firm favourite stamps of all time I think... as I can't wait to ink her up again!

Hope you'll pop over to In The Pink and join in the fun...  as Mother's Day is just around the corner it's an easy challenge - and for the lovely ladies outside the UK who celebrate Mother's Day later on in the year then a Special Lady card would be fine.  See you there!

Big hugs and Happy Crafting
PS..  This card is dedicated to MY own mummy... who passed away in 1989 (I still miss her), and to all those other Mummies out there who need a little love!


24 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Christine, cute image is so beautifully coloured. According to the weather forecast we have a mini heatwave coming this weekend! :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous card Christine, love the image and colours. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie Christine - so perfectly coloured :o)
    Have a fab day.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never seen her before such a cutie, lovely and pink too

    ReplyDelete
  5. No signs of Spring around here yet...we're getting more snow today!
    It's another beautiful card, Christine! She's just too sweet, and your colouring is fabulous! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is soooooooo cute Christine, the pink treatment did this one proud!!!
    I don't know how but it seems I missed your blue card!!! It's so gorgeous it could almost be PINK!
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This little girl is so cute! Your card is adorable! By the way you did a great job with your translation on my blog! LOL!
    Tu es très bonne!
    hugs!
    Helene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card Christine! I love the way you colored the sweet image! Her pink dress is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. aw super sweet image christine and your colouring is beautiful :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely adorable, she is so sweet! Love the layout and the beautiful bow.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Soooo pretty, and I love those papers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A really lovely image, coloured to perfection and a fabulous layout using papers that I bought last week (not supposed to be buying any papers this year till used loads up!) but mine were the black, blue, and green version, they did not have the pink or that would have been in my basket too, wouldn't you have thought that they would have gone for the pink first?

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh so pretty Christine! Love that sweet image and the paper is lovely too :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Christine and such an adorable image. Love the little pearl dots,really makes the image stand out.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww little Wendy looks adorable and coloured so beautifully Christine, really gorgeous.
    Hugs Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What scrummy, pink, adorableness! I love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh of course I just adore it Christine! my fav pink and the image is so cute and lovely too. Your colouring always amazes me as you know, wish I was half as good ( sighs):) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yep, she really is adorable and perfect for a special lady, and certainly looks happy with her pink treatment! The layout is gorgeous - sweet and simple and just the perfect finish with that pretty ribbon - looks pink to me!

    I do hope the forecast is right and we have a nice sunny weekend; the start of Spring?!
    Mind you, I got caught out twice last week. First when there was a sudden frost one night and I had to scrape the car in the morning. And then I got caught in a freak hailstorm as I walked from one building to another - and it was sunny all day apart from that!

    Anyway, that's enough weather waffle from me! Have a lovely weekend :-)

    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. How did I miss this ? It is totally gorgeous !!! She is so sweet and I love the colouring.
    Hope you are having a lovely weekend hunni xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's so adorable, Christine!! Love the pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Christine, ooooh such an adorable image and a gorgeous card.

    It's been nice weather here today (Sat) bit windy this morning but warmed up lovely this afternoon.

    Thanks for the link for the flower die - am off to investigate!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh hun,this is one gorgeous card,such an adorable image too,love it hugs Cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute, cute, cute and I love all the gorgeous pinkness!

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x