Sunday 16 March 2014

And here's the spoils....




Hi Girls... 

For those that didn't see my post on Facebook.....  it's confession time!  Sorry about the rubbish photo... but I had to stand far back to get all the goodies in!!  

It was lovely seeing my wonderful blogging friends again (particularly Christine and Elaine) which is really what I go for...  but I've got to say, Harrogate was nowhere near the show it used to be...  it was in a smaller hall to start with.... everyone was bunched up and the stands were smaller..  and the crowds were forced into smaller areas so it was really difficult to see what you wanted to get to.  I don't think the attendance was as good as previously.... and I think it'll be less next time if they carry on like this.  Also.... there was nothing really special there I felt this time..  Yes I know, I bought stuff... but remember the days when there were things at shows you'd never seen before being demonstrated?  But even the demonstrators yesterday appeared to be a little bored!

And of course, there's  been so much shoplifting and pick-pocketing at the previous shows.. the stallholders are now limited in what they can bring... very few take Copics or the like.. 

We left around 1.30 - 2  ish.... and the car park by then was emptying!

My lovely OH (who came with me and has the patience of a saint.. thank you hon) and I then went for a lovely bite to eat and a glass of wine (pint for him) at our special local inn...  Happy Days! 

Big hugs

14 comments:

  1. Looks like you had some amazing retail therapy Christine and sounds like you had a fabulous time! So happy for you! Can't wait to see what you create! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul, never been to Harrogate, off to Ally Pally next month. I know what you mean about new things, doesn't seem to be a lot these days other than more and more dies to which I have a slight addiction x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of lovely new goodies to play with Christine. I find that as I progress in my card making and number of years making them, the shows don't hold any attraction for me any more. I usually know what I want and just get it where and when I can now. There is, of course, the fact that my legs and feet can't cope with shows anymore!!! :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Agree christine,,, think i#ll give it a miss in october which is a shame as it has always been a tradition :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree... It was nigh on impossible to get round as it was so cramped! It didn't help that I got so much stuff from the MDF man (worth going just to save postage on that lot!), and once you have a couple of bags you're not getting in anywhere!
    There were so many things on my list I couldn't find, which was a shame.

    Still I see you managed to get some lovely goodies! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So you didn't get much then!!! :0)
    Nice haul hun.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It doesn't look like you did that bad with the shopping Christine! but then it could be that you have everything now!
    I'm off to the NEC next weekend, that's a smaller show than normal too but hopefully I'll find a few bits like you!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your description is exactly why I stopped going to the shows Christine. Nowt there you can't get online now :(
    Still, at least you got some new stash and a natter with yer crafty mates :)
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. At least you had fun with your mates and a lovely lunch with the hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear, and you left earlier than you normally would as well I notice.
    Looks like you have treated yourself very nicely though.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. fabulous goodies christine ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like a lovely stash and it sounds like you had a good time with crafty friends and a nice lunch out even if the craft show was a little disappointing.
    I look forward to seeing you use all these goodies and I'm sure I'll be wanting many of them!
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you managed a spend Christine, and it's a shame we didn't get a chance to chat. I agree the smaller hall was very cramped, and as you say, nothing new being demo'd.
    Hugs, Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you bought more than me sweetie..lol know what you mean bout it not being so special any more..I left a comm. for Craft Work cards on FB who run the show..hall one is being demolished I was told there was supposed to be 5 less stalls than hall one..
    again was told the aisles were same size mmmm think their tape measure may need checking defo going down hill very fast..very disappointing & like you went home early..

    smiles Christine the other one xx

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x