Thursday 7 February 2013

Valentines.... at In The Pink


Hi All

In this nasty, cold, windy weather, I'm here to brighten your day with some fabulous pink!!  Yep, it's time again for another challenge at In The Pink  -  I can't believe how fast this fortnight comes around!

This time, our challenge is Valentines - all mushy and romantic as it's that time of year... and these cards are what I came up with... hope you like!

Card Recipe:
  • Image - LOTV Close Your Eyes
  • Colouring - Copics and Promarkers
  • Spellbinders Opulant Ovals Die
  • Spellbinders Basic Lattice Die
  • Memory Box Precious Hearts Die
  • MFT Die-namics Rustic Hearts Die
  • Tulle Ribbon Bow - from The Ribbon Girl
  • Paper - Echo Park Be Mine
  • gems, glitter from stash
  • Sentiment - Hero Arts little alphabet set 
And now a change of style... more modern I think, but still one I loved making..


I fell in love with this little lady at Sammy Taylors in Embsay last week... and thought she was perfect for this theme.. and I enjoyed doing a bit of paper piecing on her dress..

Card Recipe:
  • Image and Sentiment - MFT Sweet Friend
  • Paper - Dotty Pink by Card Creations
  • Paper Pieced dress - Marianne Design Paper - Eline's Flowers
  • Glossy Accents - Heart on headband
  • L'il Inkers Of The Heart die and also Stitched Sentiment die
  • Martha Stewart border punch
  • Hearts Embossing folder by Crafts Too
  • Gems and Glitter from Stash
Hope you can pop over to the In The Pink challenge blog to see what Sylvia has come up with, and also our lovely Guest Designer - Amelia.... I promise you, they're sooooooo gorgeous!

Hope all my bloggy friends are well....  and that you're all keeping warm and dry.... and looking foward to spring!  My snowdrops are flowering well...  and I even have a daffodil with a bud... though it's a bit wary of opening as yet... and I don't blame it!  I'm sure the plants are very confused with the odd weather we've been having...  the daffodil is thinking 'time to go....... ooops no, not yet, too much white fluffy stuff..... oh well it's warm now... I'll pop up a bit further.... ooops no... bit chilly again...'  Yes.... I know, I'm off my trolley when I think that daffodils actually have a brain....  LOL!

With that I'll go..  (funny farm van just pulled in..)
Big hugs and Happy Crafting
Christine x

19 comments:

  1. oh hun this is just gorgeous love the image and love the layout and the embossing hugs Cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning sweetie, these are so gorgeous, wonderful creations, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two really pretty cards. The LOTV image is one of my favourites.
    Hugs, Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two gorgeous cards Christine - both different but equally beautiful.
    Love the LOTV image and fab die cuts and the second image is so sweet - love the design and LO.
    Have a wonderful day.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two gorgeous cards, so sweet :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two gorgeous cards Christine - the cute images are fabulous! Beautiful colouring, as always.

    Have a lovely day my friend - Hugs Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both your cards are lovely and romantic. I have ben eyeing up the daffodils progress too!
    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are both great cards Christine. I got that sweet friend stamp yesterday. Can't wait to use her over the weekend. Hopefully I will join in the challenge, lou x

    ReplyDelete
  9. both so stunning Christine.really sweet images and I love your pretty designs :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course daffodils have brains - mine are thinking exactly the same as yours! Is there room for two on your trolley, lol!

    I just LOVE both of these cards Christine!! Gorgeous images, layouts, embellishments .. everything!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two wonderful cards, both with a really sweet and cute image, love all the dies in the first card and the elegant simplicity of the second.
    Let me know where they take you and I will bring grapes, in a bottle of course.!

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  12. They're both gorgeous Christine! Love the cute images you've used and lovely dies too... trying not to be tempted by the L'il Inkers ones lol! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Terrific cards my dear friend:) Just lovely images:)
    Really gorgeous work:)
    Big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty! love the embossing too! hugs me x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two very different cards, but two really gorgeous cards! Love them Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two fab cards again Christine,it made me laugh about the daffodil too....so glad there is another person as mad as I am,..... feel a whole lot better now lol :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two gorgeous cards Christine. Now if I have to pick a favourite then it would be the second one but only because I saw that stamp too and it's on my wishlist (just waiting for Phil to book his trip away ha!)

    Big hugs
    Elaine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness Christine! I love both of your cards! Both are oh so sweet! Love all the shimmery detail and the sweet pink heart headband!

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x