Tuesday 26 February 2013

Cheers!!!

Hi peeps

Tis me again... yikes I'm getting to be turning them out fast!!  Not like I used to be... one every week or two..  but I'm enjoying myself and sharing my passion only adds to the enjoyment... I think that's what we all feel in blogland... yes?

This one is for the new challenge at Anything Goes..  'Very Manly' the theme is.... so very manly I gave them!! LOL!

Card Recipe:
  • Image - Digi Stamp Boutique - Alf with Beer
  • Papers - believe it or not, some I've had in my stash for 10 years - I bought them on my first trip to the States!
  • Colouring - Copics
  • Doodling and sentiment - yours truly
  • Glossy Accents for beer glass


I've given you a sideways view here too so you can see that besides being paper pieced, he's also decoupaged too..  at least his big head and his pint are!!  And THEN.......  after putting it all together, I was kinda stuck for a sentiment and felt, even though I'm trying to be all minimalistic and let the image do the talking... it needed something!!  You should have seen how my hand shook as I wrote the word 'cheers'... I could have ruined the card with a mis-spelling or something....  NOTE TO SELF...  Write sentiment BEFORE doing image etc!

Hope you're all having a good week so far...  I'm catching up with a few friends this week... so plenty of coffee and chat!

Big hugs and Happy Crafting
Christine x

22 comments:

  1. Great card Christine love Alf he's fun
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh hun,this is brilliant just love that image and,love the doodling hun,really adds to the card,love it hugs Cherylxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Christine,
    Great man card. Love how you have decoupaged and yes you were so brave writing the sentiment last!!!! It all looks super.
    p.s. i know you're a whizz. My picture hasn't appeared on the challenge post although it is on the craft den team one and when you click my name it takes you to my post, but my project just doesn't appear with the others. Do you think you can help please.
    Thanks in hopes
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! Great card love the paper piecing too! hugs me x

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning male card christine.really great image and paper piecing and i love your cas design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card and I love the image. Didn't realise I had it but at least now I know where it comes from I have added it to my DSB folder :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Pauline - love the CAS design - perfect for any male - and your doodling is scrummy :o)
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christine I love your manly card he's ace !! Thank you so much for putting our cards up this morning, I don't have the correct permissions to do it lol xhugsx Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely CAS male card Christine. Great image! Love the paper piecing and the glossy accents on the pint.

    Hugs, Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey sweetie, this is just gorgeous....

    I love what you have done here, a really gorgeous creation...

    Hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh I'm so hopeless at male cards. Love your decoupage. This C&S layout is perfect for a guy.
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card Christine! Love your CAS layout and good job with that steady hand for the sentiment!
    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Christine, how are you, worried about you, 2 male cards in a short space of time, no wonder your hand was shaking, love the card, great image and fab paper piecing. If you have to do another male card, put him a pink shirt on and then you will feel better.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Christine,

    Your really are turning them out!
    Another fabulous card, and a male card too! You're on a roll!

    Big hugs
    Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pauline!! Me thinks Debs has mixed you up lol! She is right though...... It is a fabulous card, I love your manly little man - very butch!!
    I'll let you know the name of the mag I'm going to be in I can't remember lol
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card love his shirt.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's another great card Christine, love that image too, well done again :). Yes sleeping sooo much better too now thanks ( happy face):) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Christine, wonderful card. Love the 3 d effect and I thought that the "cheers" sentiment was a stamp! Great work..
    Hugs
    Tamara xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. From one Wonder woman to another :D
    You do know how to make manly cards! His shirt is breathtaking, I would like to see that one on my hubbie, lol! Anyway you did a perfect job and I love the 3D and the glossy glas of beer!
    Time to fly away!
    Hugs Annette

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hiya, love this card it did make me smile. You are braver than me - no way would I hand write on my cards!!

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cheers me dear..blimey I wouldnt dare write me own sentiment..awesome male creation..

    smiles Christine the other one x

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x