Tuesday 24 October 2023

Spellbinders Holiday Floral Swag


Hi Peeps...

OK, yes, it's only October, and yes, I only generally start my cards in November for 'that occasion we don't mention' yet.... BUT, I managed to get hold of this gorgeous Christmas die from Germany, thanks to a lovely friend, as the company won't post to the UK yet.  I'd already got my sticky mitts on the Spellbinders Embossing Folder, and so the two came together happily!

I embossed a square panel of red card, then used Distress Inks to darken the edges, before I splattered this with gold Kuratake watercolour paint.  Then, I diecut the word die three times, the first in gold mirri card, then two others from kraft card, adhering them all together and adding to the panel.  

Lastly, I added the panel to a square of gold mirri card, and called it done.  I've got a bit of a tendency to add more bits than necessary, so this time, I decided to keep it relatively CAS.


Card Info:
Embossing Folder - Spellbinders Holiday Floral Swag
Christmas Word Die - Alexander Renke Christmas Typo
Gold Mirri Card
Distress Inks - Lumberjack Plaid, Aged Mahogany
Gold Water colour Paint

I am really happy how this card turned out, even though I broke my own 'not until November' rule.  Hope you like it too!

Happy Crafting...

2 comments:

  1. So elegant and stunning!!! WOW!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I need to order it! I have the Christmas die! YAY!

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x