Monday 19 August 2024

Leaf Branch Rainbow Colours


Hi There...

Today I'm sharing three cards I made with a similar design...  using a tiny branch/leaf die that I cut from card that I'd shaded with Distress Oxides and splattered with water and gold watercolour paint.

They were relatively easy to make after the DO blending and diecutting...  I laid the diecut branches to one side, then cut a stitched rectangle card base, and another stitched rectangle that I used border dies about a third of the way along.  I added thin foam tape under the smaller panel, adhering the branches/leaves to the back, so that they showed under the diecut edge.  Following so far???

I adhered the small panel to the larger card panel, making sure the edges matched.  Then I added a small sentiment that I'd created on the PC, with the thin foam tape... and a few gems to finish.  Finally I adhered the panel to my card base.


Card Info:
Dies - Leaf/Branch - no name, sorry; MFT Stitched Rectangle Dies, 
Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Borders, MFT Stitched Scalloped Basic Edges 2
MFT Skinny Strips (for sentiment)
Sentiment own - made on PC
Distress Oxides - Kitsch Flamingo, Dried Marigold, Scattered Straw, 
Twisted Citron, Mermaid Lagoon, Wilted Violet
Gems
Gold Watercolour Paint

Scroll down for different versions!


For this one, I put an extra scalloped border on the right hand side - mainly because I spilled a drop of glue, so had to cover it up! See? We can generally make things right after a mess!


And lastly - one with a different border die - I just didn't think it was a large enough pattern for the card.




I'm sorry about the photographs - both the amount, and the standard!  It's been raining here today, so we've had no brightness to get good pics!

Anyways.... thanks for sticking to the end... hope you like my cards, which I promise look better in real life!

Big hugs

1 comment:

  1. What a really neat layout on your cards! I love how you just play and entertain so many ideas!

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x