Sunday 29 July 2012

Well...... this isn't pink.....


Hi Girls

Well, just to prove I can..... I thought I'd make a card that isn't pink!!  But... it does have glitter on it!!

Thank you ALL for the wonderful response we've had over at IN THE PINK....  We had 100 people join us in the first 24 hours..... and now we're up to 138!!  Can you believe it??? So many closet pink lovers out there.  I can't wait for the challenge to launch on Aug 9.... and to see all the different ways of using pink!

Even with the fantastic blog to keep me busy, I've been feeling a little down lately, what with all that's been going on with the kitchen problems, and now my eyesight is causing me some difficulty..  can't seem to focus properly (and no it's not the wine!!)... so today I needed to do a card I FELT like doing....  and this is the result!!  I saw Coops use this image recently using green, and fell in love with her straight away (the image that is, not Coops!!) LOL!  She's called Braid in My Hair and is from A Day for Daisies.


I coloured her with a mix of Copics and Promarkers.....  shaded with dots and white gel pen, then distressed the edge of the image with a Distress Ink - dusty concord.  Oooh I used a Nestie to cut her oval first!  Then the fabulous papers are digital downloads would you believe....  ooooh that colour is so lush.... it must come next to pink as my favourite.  They are from Design House Digital and are by Angela Hinksman - called True Romantics.  

I distressed the edges of the papers, then used my Icicles to give that glittery edge.  The birds also have glitter on their wings, but it's not showing up.  And as I'm always getting told (by a certain blogger) that I don't use flowers often enough, I decided to get some used.... with pearls too!

So there you go..

I hope you're all enjoying the Olympics on TV.....  it seems we have little else to watch!!  I know I should get involved more - especially as Emma is volunteering at the rowing - but I'm afraid I'm not a sports fan, and luckily enough, neither is my OH!  Ah well, we're going to dig through what we've recorded and see what we can come up with...

Take care all, and remember, the countdown to PINK DAY has begun!!  only 11 more days to go..
Big hugs
Christine x

30 comments:

  1. Stunning card Christine, I adore that image and you have coloured her so beautifully.
    I'm looking forward to your pink challenge too, just off to pop the picture onto my side bar

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its beautiful Christine..i love the colour and the image is fabulous
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. well it might not be pink bu it stunning beautifuuly coloured fabulous work hugs sassyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Christine I'm here at last! I have so missed out on everyones creations but work has been a little manic to say the least.
    Your card is really pretty and NOT PINK either!! Wow! Just been and followed your new blog - fantastic idea Mrs.
    My cousin works with the British rowing team her name is Margaret Netto, I wonder if Emma will come across her?
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card ,beautifully coloured image & love the papers x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christine, Beautiful card! I love the image and gorgeous colour combo.

    I'm with you on the Olympics. I like GBR to do well but not so keen on watching it on the TV.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your gorgeous beautiful card Christine.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card and colours, your colouring is so beautiful :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Christine , I love this beautiful image and the purple looks fabulous on this stunning card.
    Hugs Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. absolutely stunning christine.i do love this image and your colouring is so beautiful :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful card. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well it might not be pink, but it's very beautiful hun! I don't use much purple, really should try to use it more. Love the image and your fabulous colouring :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this image and the other one in the set 'Birds in my hair' I too saw what Coops had done with the images and fell in love with them immediately. Just love the colours you have used, purple is my favourite. I've just become a follower, hope you pop by and say hi to me sometime. Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful despite the lack of pink!!! Seriously, she's lovley, very sweet image and beautifully coloured. Love her.
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Christine wow love this stunning creation..it does you good to get away from the PINK stuff sometimes, an I dont mean Wine..lol love the gorgeous colours..as for the telly we dont like sports just nice to know who wins what..were getting thro the DVD pile quickly..lol

    take care speak soon tother Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful, Christine! Your image is gorgeous and I LOVE your colours! Well now, it seems you are up to 143:-)! Have a lovely day! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This may not be pink but sure is extremely beautiful Christine! Your colouring is absolute perfection!! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, hugs, Ira
    irascreacorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning card Christine! Gorgeous image and love the sparkle!

    I tried to do a blog post with your banner but blogger just wouldn't let me (why?!) so it ended up in my sidebar where it shall stay for a good while!

    Hope you get your eyesight issues sorted soon.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely gorgeous Christine, love the image and coloured so beautifully and such a gorgeous colour.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card, and might have to buy this stamp when I have some pennies.
    Hugs
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  21. So beautifully coloured, Christine! Love the pearls, flweors and distressing - all perfect with her!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi sweetie this is just gorgeous, fabulous creation, hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh this is just gorgeous hun love that super cute image and love those papers,hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I was sure I had left a msg earlier, oh well lol. Such a beautiful image and card Christine, loving the purple too. Glad you liked our menu too:) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card! I love ADFD images and you've done a great job with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh that's beautiful Christine, really beautiful!

    Love your colour and your colouring is perfect.

    Have to admit to not being a big fan of sport or the Olympics really and don't seem to be getting caught up in it like lots of others either. Glad I'm not alone!!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow beautiful card Christine
    Hugs louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Christine, what a lovely card, great image and colouring.
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x