Tuesday 24 July 2012

Let's not be square!!


Hi Best Blogging Buddies..

It's that time again..  two whole weeks have gone by (in a blur for me as there's been so much going on....)... and it's time for another challenge at Anything Goes!  We had some fabulous entries for the lavender challenge.... have you checked to see if you were a winner???  


This time, the theme is 'Let's not be Square'.  This is a big one for me, as I tend to stick like glue to my squares....  but I'd seen that hexagons are creeping in lately on the cardmaking scene.....  so decided to try my luck!!  And try my luck it WAS!  There are no hexagon dies available yet (at least none I can find..), so I had to dig out my compass.....  and dig out my brain cells, and give it a go!!  And the result is quite good if I do say so myself!!  At least all the sides measure the same.... which is kind of the point.  




The image I chose to use is a Whimsie Doodles Image called Leah's Secret.... she is ssssooooo cute!!  I coloured her with copics and promarkers.  I cut the card blank with my craft knife, then used kraft card as the base... then the pink dotty (sorry it was a scrap so no name), then a bit of white run through the Swiss Dots embossing folder.  I distressed the edges of both of these.  The hearts (like my recent card) are a Memory Box Die called Heart Chain.  The sentiment is a Hero Arts Alphabet that I've had in for years......  about time it was used... then of course we have the glitter and Stickles!!  Well, I couldn't miss it out could I?  And yes.... I've used loads of PINK!!

Now, check out my lovely teamies' creations if you need inspiration.... and we look forward to seeing your fabulous entries!

Hopefully when this post appears, I'll be on the Isle of Wight...  we've popped down to say hello to my OH's new grandson (so nearly my grandson but not quite!! hehe), He was born last week after keeping his Mummy waiting nearly a week and a half before he deigned to make his entrance!  They live in Bournemouth, and we will also see his other two grandchildren too.... so lots of hugs and cuddles!  Then, while we are going to be on the coast, we couldn't resist going over to see our friends on the Island for a quick visit.  But if all goes well, we'll be back by tonight (Tues)!  Can you tell how much faith I have in scheduled posts?? hehe

Happy crafting to you all.......
Big Hugs
Christine x







27 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card love the image which is coloured beautifully (she's adorable) and the layout is stunning. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. An adorable card Christine - this is soooo you with the glitter and pink! Fab. colouring and a brilliant shape.
    Have a lovely day - Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are having a lovely time - at least the sun is finally shining!
    LOve the hexaganal shape and the little hearts
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable Christine!

    Hope you are having a fab time on IOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your gorgeous sweet card.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christine I love the shape , this cute image and layout on this gorgeous card.
    Hope you're having a fab time
    Hugs Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute image, she looks like she's saying "ooops"! Great shaped card too! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning card Christine, I love the image and you have coloured her beautifully. Such a great card design too.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fab, love the hexagon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, such stunning creations since my last visit xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. so gorgeous christine.adorable sweet image and i love the shape :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. fab hun - great colouring in. Hope the weather in the IOW is good for you
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply adorable Christine...and I hope you are having a lovely time too sweetie...:o)

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable and so gorgeous Christine, fab shape too.
    Hope you are having a great time.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh Hun this is simply stunning oh the detail is just brilliant, gorgeous colours and I just love the shape you have used too,perfect,hope you are having a wonderful time Hun hugs Cherylxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh, lovely Christine!! Gorgeous image and I love the hexagon shaped card.

    Can't wait to hear what your news is!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card ,such a cute image x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super sweet card Christine. Soooo cute :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Christine awww a likkle beauty..
    lovely colours & image..wondered where you were nearly phoned to see if you were still knee deep with water in the new kitchen..hope you got your leak sorted..

    smiles tother Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  21. A great shaped card, love the heart border, trace x

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an adorable card, love the way you have coloured her hair :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a cutie - very nice card, and how lovely to have a hexagon! Good luck with your Pink Challenge venture - I'm sure I'll drop by soon...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Soooo soooo cute!!! So impressed that you made your own hexagon. I too looked for a die, thought I found one and ended up taking home octagons ;>) Oh well, I bought them at a bargain at least!

    ReplyDelete
  25. love your work have been blog hopping round and found your site lovley cards and pleased your a pink lover too lol!! i have become a follower hugs sassyx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oooh, so adorable, Christine!!! Yes, you have done a perfect job with this little cutie. And all that glitter...love it!
    Hugs Annette

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x