Tuesday 12 June 2012

Travel with Anything Goes...

Hi Girls

Well it's that time again.....  time for another challenge at Anything Goes - and this time our theme is Travel. 

I decided to use a stamp that came with my Frantage buy a little while back... so it only seemed right to use the Frangage embossing enamel too.....   This is an unusual stamp for me as it doesn't have to be coloured, but I made up for it by chalking the background and distressing it with some vintage photo DI.   I then stamped the image and used Stampendous Aged Mahogany Embossing Enamel - seems ages since I embossed anything! If you look closely, you will see that the Eiffel Tower is glittering!  Then I used the Shabby Pink Embossing Enamel around the edges.  I coloured the flowers, and put some glass glitter in the centres too.  By this time I was getting into my glittery element as those of you who know me well will atest to!!!

I used Bazzill basics for the base of the card, then a brown and pink paper with no name on it from my stash...  a bit of French printed paper (again from my stash but again had no name).....  a couple of heart stick pins.....  then lastly... my home made flower!!  To make - I used wide organza ribbon, a glue gun (ouch!), a punched circle of card... and gathered the organza around the circle a couple of times!  Some minutes and a couple of sore fingers later, I had the base of the flower, then I punched another circle of card for the centre, and sprinkled the same glass glitter onto the glued circle to finish it.

Lots of my crafting goodies are available from Lynn at The Craft Den.....  check out her fab online shop!

Well done on all the fabulous entries for our Anniversary theme challenge - why don't you pop over to the main challenge blog here to see if you were a winner?  And while you're there, you can check out my fab teamies' travel creations.... they're all stunning and will give you plenty of inspiration.

I look forward to seeing all your fab creations for this challenge.... sooooooooooo get crafting!!

Big Hugs
Christine x

32 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, beautifully distressed :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Christine, lovely colours in a shabby chic style! Have a great day. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! Love the colours and layout.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and elegant, christine! I love that soft pink x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh gosh Hun,this is just brilliant,love love that stamp,and the detail is stunning love that flower love hugs Cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! stunning card, gorgeous colours and textures

    sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christine this is gorgeous very shabby chic/vintage..lovely colour combo too..have emailed you

    smiles the other Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the stamp and the flower is so yummy! Hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow Christine I really really love this Gorgeous stamp. I love what you have done with the pink flowers , they are stunning also love your ribbon flower it's fabulous.
    A stunning and beautiful card.
    Hugs Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tres Chic!just gorgeous Christine, I'm lovin' this little beauty nd no colouring stamps sound like my cup of tea!
    I missed your Gorjuss card below too as I nipped over to see my Mum at the weekend for a couple of days. It too is gorgeous and how nice is it to make a card for the fun of it! I never get time to do that anymore!
    I'm still waiting to see the kitchen!!
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow so stunning christine.really beautiful vintage image and design and i love your pretty colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card Christine, so many different elements and they all go together so well, adore the flower.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!! Stunning card Christine! Love it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous, love it. Ive become a follower too, as I've just created a blog as well as my DC gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Christine, lovely card - you have made such a good job of it. Looking forward to seeing the kitchen picture soon.
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Christine this is GORGEOUS GORGEOUS!!~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning sweetie this is just gorgeous loving the colours too hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card Christine, love the stamps, Gaynor xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous creation Christine! Love the colours

    Joanie x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Christine, me again. I just got received your lovely comment on my goose cards. I tried feathering in Photoshop elements 5 and it worked, so it should work even better in Photoshop itself. I'm afraid I am no good at tutorials but if you google feathering tuts for Photoshop you should be able to find something. Give it a go and I will look forward to seeing how you manage :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow Christine...beautiful! xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE it! - so beautiful! :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. A fabulous shabby-chic card Christine - love the Paris stamp and the sparkly bling - it's so "you"!
    Have a great weekend - Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. OH that is beautiful Christine! Just the right amount of bling and inking!

    ReplyDelete
  25. so different for you - and so brilliant - love it
    Have a great weekend - in the rain!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oooh this is just beautiful Christine!! I love everything about it :) Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Christine I love this card, its beautiful. And your flower is stunning. I make that many flowers that my fingers are now used to the hot glue! Oh thats not a good sign is it? lol. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous card, love the image and that big flower is yummy. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, lets hope the rain keeps off. Hugs Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oooh, this is so beautiful! A really gorgeous image that you have done well! And the glitter is absolutely the icing on the cake!
    Hugs Annette

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fabulous card, beautiful ribbon flower, lovely colours in a shabby chic style. Love this image.

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x