Monday 11 June 2012

Gorjuss Rose.....

Hi to my best blogging buddies...

Here I am again....  this time with a card that was a made 'just for my benefit'!  You know what I mean?  When it's not made to send someone, nor for a DT.....  but just because!!  I've had this lovely Gorjuss Girl for a few weeks now, and managed to have her half coloured (face, hair etc)... so this afternoon I decided she needed her dress coloured and then she just had to have be put on a card......  and here it is.  I've put a couple of pics of the card on, one is with my OTT lite, and one without any lighting apart from natural.  Neither photo has totally captured the lovely claret-ey colour perfectly, but their pretty close!


And for those that know my love of pink....  well this is just a very dark shade of pink!! hehe!  And see the glitter on her dress???



Gorjuss Rose was a dream to colour......  I always love doing Gorjuss Girls hair....  you can get such a sheen on it!  The papers I bought at the weekend on a trip that my lovely OH took me on...  to Embsay Crafts in Skipton...  he said he thought I needed cheering up on Saturday....  and for some reason I didn't really want to go!!  But I'm glad I did, we took a picnic and ate it in the car overlooking a beautiful reservoir.... then went for a cream tea to our favourite tea rooms in Grassington..... where I just had to buy something for my new kitchen!!  Yes???  Talking of the kitchen, I promise I'll get photos on here soon....  but it still has to have a couple of little bits of paint finished off first!

Right..  card recipe:
  • Image - Gorjuss Rose
  • Paper - Kaisercraft Magnolia Grove
  • Card - Bazzill and Kraft
  • Nestabilities - Large Classic Ovals
  • Tim Holtz Tabs and Tags Die
  • Handwritten sentiment
  • Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
  • Lace (from stash)
  • Organza ribbon (from stash) - tied in a triple bow using bowmaker to make it more lush...
  • Glamour Dust on her dress
  • AtYouSpica Pen (black) for the hearts
  • Glossy Accents (again for the hearts)
  • Gems
Colours used:
  • Hair - C1, C3, C5, C7, C9, 100
  • Skin - E51, YR00, E02, E21, RV42
  • Dress - R32, R35, R37, R39, R59
  • Stockings - W3, W5, W7
  • White Gel pen for dots on face
Thanks for all the lovely comments you've been leaving me lately.....  Mr Mojo seems to like them too, as he often appears very unexpectedly when I see people saying nice things!! LOL!  I'll be back tomorrow with my card for Anything Goes... soooooooooo see you then!

Happy Crafting....
Hugs
Christine x

Challenges:  Crafts and Me #87 - Lace
The Ribbon Girl - Use Ribbon or Lace

20 comments:

  1. Hi Christine
    Gorjuss card, lol sorry couldn't resist, it truely is a lovely card though. Christine do you think your next tutorial could be on how to tie a double or triple bow, I cannot remember how to do them and mine just keep falling apart.
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine, what a beautiful image,
    love the colours you have used on her,and also love your layout on this gorgeous card.
    I know what you mean about making a card just for your benefit and I just love making cards for no particular reason.
    Hugs Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine.
    Your card is beautiful. Such a lovely image and your colouring is fabulous, I really like how you have shaded her hair.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Gorjuss girl is Gorgeous !! I love her hair too, I think a new stamp is beckoning!!
    Can't wait to see the new kitchen.
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Christine, she looks adorable, fabulous colouring and LOVE the colour too.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Christine, she looks adorable, fabulous colouring and LOVE the colour too.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Christine, love your colouring and the shades of pink.
    Fab papers too.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya hun...

    The colours I used on her hair are as follows :-
    E11, 13, 15 & 18...I just had to go and check in my wee book...I have so many different colours I had to think for a mo lol...and BLW I used dark umber pencils too for a little more definition..:o)

    and your creation is beautiful too hun :o)

    let me know how you get on...and enjoy the rest of your evening...big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christine - this is a simply Gorjuss creation. The colouring is fabulous and I love all the pink and the beautiful lace!

    Hope you have a happy week - Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Christine, Beautiful card! Love this pretty image and gorgeous colours.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh now isn't she just so PRETTY!~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorjuss indeed, so pretty. Fancy not wanting to go to Embsay Mills. I enjoyed a visit there a couple of years ago when I was stayin at a farmhouse B&B just up the road from there and yes, I went to those tearooms too :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely stunning Christine, the colouring is amazing and love the paper and layout. I don't think Mr Mojo has gone far!! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is soooo gorgeous Christine.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning sweetie this is gorgeous and so beautifully coloured, hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  16. so stunning christine.i love the sweet gg girl and your colours are really gorgeous :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Soooo beautiful!! Gorgeous stamp and fabulous colouring Christine.

    Sounds like you had a lovely day out and just what you needed.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a pretty card - thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl card challenge to add ribbon or lace, Mary G x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Hun,oh this is one,gorgeous card Hun,the image is so beautifully coloured and your detail as always first class hugs Cherylxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. A really pretty card Christine. The background paper is gorgeous and so is the lace and ribbon. I love how you've coloured her dress too :) Beautiful! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x