Thursday 27 October 2011

At last.... I managed a halloween card!


Well at long last I can hear some of you say (especially Christine and Lisa!)....  don't know why, but I've never got around to doing a halloween card..... so today, I though why not???



Found this lovely digi image the other day while surfing (as you do..) and loved her (and her mate still to come..) so had to have a little go!  She's is WitchyBoo Betty by Simply Betty Stamps, and I had a ball colouring and glittering her..  The DP's were from a candy win from Emma at CES (who'll be looking after her new little one now and I don't expect her to see this... but thanks Emma!)  The sentiment was computer generated, and the stars from an xcut die (I made a mess of the cutting of the witch layer - so the stars had to be strategically placed!! LOL!  Not much else - I used distress inks to 'wear' the edge of the DP, and a few gems from Stamping Bella a while back finished it off.  Oooh and I drew the cobweb in the corner!

Soo hope you like!  I've not been out today so have taken a bit of time to tidy up my stash of nesties and dies... Hmmmmm methinks I may just have enough! (Note, I didn't say too many!! hehe)

Hugs to all and Happy Crafting
Christine x

Challenges: #38  Die Cutting Divas - Halloween Colours
Crafty Boots - Autumn or Halloween
Incy Wincy Designs - Challenge #107 - Halloween - Orange Black and Purple
Addicted to STamps - Challenge 15 - Halloween
Sentimental Sundays - Challenge 78 - Halloweeen + Sentiment
All Sorts challenge - Week 126 Halloween

20 comments:

  1. and beautiful it is, havent seen a ugly witch yet, gorgeous card Christine.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's lovely Christine, I love the glittery stars. I always find that a tidy up is good as it reminds me what I have actually got. I'm not very good at halloween cards, because we just don't send any. Your's is fab though, cute little witch, I'm not surprised that she inspired you. Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous image - your colouring is fabulous Christine, and I love the layout and the twinkly stars.
    Hugs, Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Halloween card Christine,she's gorgeous and so beautifully coloured.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card Christine and your cobweb is perfect. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't she a cutie?! What lovely colouring! I love the spiderweb, too. An ace card!!

    luv, Mags x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super Christine You should try getting out of your comfort zone and making things you've never done before more often if this is the result - it's stunning and I'm really impressed with your cobweb!
    Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful colouring Christine and lovely lo.

    The web is a great finishing touch. :)

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card, really cute image and your colouring is brilliant.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. fantastic card christine.i love the fab witch and perfect halloween colours ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! That is beautiful Christine! You colored her perfect! The card itself is stunning!

    Thank you for sharing,

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww what a fab creation you have here Christine ..nope didnt say a word..lol..this would have been lovely with a spider charm on DCD chall..
    mmm see what we can get you to make nxt year.. lol..wowzer colouring great layout & DPs..love it..

    smiles the other Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. fab colours used there hun - go so well altogether...loving the stars and glitter - perfect - been away to the Lakes so not popped by last week - back now.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Christine, what a beautiful Halloween card - it's fabulous! Love the image and gorgeous colours :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous creation Christine, love the image, your colouring is perfect and love those stars and your choice of colour combo!
    Thanks for entering our Halloween challenge over at Allsorts this week and good luck!
    Love Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a cute card, really lovely Christine.

    Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Boots Challenge.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a marvelous card. Love all those purple glittery stars flying around your image. Thanks for joining Die Cuttin' Divas this week. I hope you will come back again for another challenge.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations
    Die Cuttin' Diva Design Team member

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing card. Love the glitter around it. Thanks for joining us at DCD.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow Christine - this is just fab! Love the image, which you've coloured wonderfully, the colour combo is gorgeous as well. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW Christine your colouring is fabulous and I love those glittery stars xx

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x