Friday 1 September 2017

The Wedding Cake

 

Hi again.....



And I'm back.... yet again!!  This time, it's with my DT card for All Dressed Up - our theme on the Facebook Group for this month is..

SQUARE CARDS

I needed a wedding card, so I chose to use The Wedding Cake - a beautiful image to colour - as it takes very little doing, which I love.  I coloured the actual cake at the edges with pale, cool greys (this gives the illusion of depth and shape), and then made it pop with the shading on the outside of the image.   Of course, I just had to bring in a little bit of pink too... well I HAD to, didn't I? LOL!



Card Info:
Sentiment and Die- Paper Trey Ink Tiny Tags
Paper - a scrap from stash
Colouring - Copics
Cake - C0/1
Roses and Ribbon - R81/83/85
Leaves - YG23, Y63
Shading and Grounding - T0/1/2
Ribbon and Glitter


I do wish you could see the sparkle on this card - it looks really good in real life.  Maybe I should start putting little videos of me twisting and turning my cards to show how they catch the light... LOL!

You can join in this fun challenge by using an All Dressed Up image on a Square Card and going to the Facebook Page HERE.

OK, that's me done for today... but I'll be back tomorrow.  Beginnings of months are always a busy time in my crafty world..  and I love it!

Big hugs

7 comments:

  1. A really lovely image and a great design of the card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Christine. I love the colours of the cake and the gorgeous sparkle.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card! I love the image and the sparkle too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh elle est superbe et tellement romantique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh this is SO pretty and utterly perfect for a keepsake wedding creation. I love that sweet image and your perfect colouring. That wee tag with the heart cut out is such a sweet touch. Really elegant beautiful creation hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, love the cute little tag :)
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, very pretty card. It makes me want cake though! :0)

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x