I wanted to share a card with you that I made for my daughter's birthday yesterday...... And guess what..... there's not even a hit of pink anywhere near it... That's because her favourite colour is turquoise! Sooooo with that in mind, I chose a fab digi image from Digi My World - called Megan...... she certainly was lovely to colour, even if not in pink! As you can see, I cut her out and 3D'd her (a la Debby), and used the usual Nesties for the rectangle. The letters I cut from glitter card using a Tim Holtz Alterations Alphabet Die, and the flowers are the mini-rose die that I've used often before. The paper is from an Echo Park Summer pad... and the glitter, well is just GLITTER! A card isn't a card without some glitter and a few gems....... right?
Now, for those that have been asking to see..... this is my new kitchen (picture heavy from here on in)!
It's ever so nearly finished now.... just one or two teething probs (like the over door wouldn't open from Friday until the Neff man came out today and tells me it needs replacing...... and the washing machine trying to fall over backwards and awaiting the fitter to call to right it....) but hey, ho, that seems like par for the course from what people tell me about new kitchens. It has been a big learning curve...... lessons learned are:
- Never ever get a shiny black worksurface - marks with anything that touches it.... even finger prints and shows every 'wipe' mark too....... needs polishing dry with a cloth after wiping!
- Never ever get a black floor - shows every crumb (or bit of glitter perhaps!) dropped and needs brushing every day
- Never ever get brushed steel appliances unless you want to spend all day every day cleaning fingerprints from them, not to mention splashes on the hob...... I TOLD YOU NOT TO MENTION THEM!
- Never ever trust a kitchen retailer, designer, or fitter
- DON'T lose your temper at any of the above - your kitchen is in their hands......
- Never ever get a new kitchen..... moving house to a new place with a gorgeous kitchen is far less stressful...
- Have large glasses of wine ready at the end of each day until all stress is washed from your body.... (like as if......)
- And R-E-L-A-X.......... or try to.........
Sorry if my kitchen saga has been a tad boring....... believe me, it hasn't been at this end!! hehe