Thursday 2 April 2015

Let's CELEBRATE

 

Hi lovely blogging friends....

It's time for another challenge at In The Pink.... our theme this time is CELEBRATE - soooooooo I decided to try something new for me... 


This is 'smooshing' (apparently!)  I always love the style of cards like this...  they look so easy and so very arty!!  Let me tell you otherwise...  as a couple hit the bin before this one was born when I finally got the smooshed Distress Ink to go (and stay) exactly where I wanted it!! LOL!

It's done by using a piece of acetate....  smearing a Distress Ink pad onto said acetate, then spraying with a mini-mister.    THEN...  you turn the acetate so the paint faces downward - and 'smoosh' it against your white card or watercolour paper - I actually just used my normal card as it's got quite a smooth finish.  Then, after a bit of tipping and blowing...  you get a splodge!!  (OK an 'arty' splodge, but still a splodge!)


I used Picked Raspberry Distress Ink - such a wonderfully strong pink.  Then I used a Paper Smooches Celebrate Word Die (cut three times and glued together to give depth), a Cheery Lynn Exotic Butterfly die (covered in Distress Ink Glitter), some sequins and gems... and it was done!

After the initial feeling of 'something missing' because I didn't have to colour, and then the next unsure feeling where I nearly gave up,   I quite enjoyed myself!  So there may be more of these type of little cards appearing here soon!  I'll become 'Arty Christine'!! hehe!  But, tell me, why is it some people can do something like this so easily...  like some people can arrange flowers perfectly by just plopping them into a vase, or put pictures up on a wall where they look just right.... and I struggle and struggle, and even then, end up still not sure!


Why don't you pop over to In The Pink to take a look at the lovely Pink Ladies' cards - and join in the fun??  We have a fabulous new sponsor - The Hobby House - who are kindly offering a £10 voucher for the Perfect Pinkie who is chosen at random when the challenge is over!  Good enough reason or what??

Hope you all have a lovely Easter!

Big hugs

20 comments:

  1. Stunning card Christine, and of coures it is very pink :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I love this Christine, might have to have a go myself! I am the same as you, I am one of those people who just can't do anything "naturally" like some people can!! Have a good day. P x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a perfectly "smooshed" card. Love it! A lot!
    I keep telling myself that other people are only able to do things easily because of years and years of practice. It's to depressing to let myself think anything else! lol. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christine, I love your pink explosion! I reallylike this type of card and you've made a brilliant job of it, glad to see the pink back too, hugs, Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Worth all your effort it looks stunning. Thanks for sharing this technique with us Happy Easter love and hugs Carle x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it! I'm going to try it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely pink card, love your smooshing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely pink card, love your smooshing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely STUNNING! I love this so much and your design is so beautiful and perfect that it looks like you've been doing this style for ages!
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card Christine, loving the 'smooshing' too of course. Glad you think it isn't as easy as it looks....it isn't, a lot of mine end up in the 'round' file lol. I have an image coloured now (oooh we are changing what we both do) but still to make a card with it as yet. Craft room sorting it getting underway...in a big way....so much to do!!!! Happy Easter to you and your family too ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Trying something new can be tricky until you get the hang of it but I'm so glad you stuck it out and you definitely nailed it here Christine - it's a truly gorgeous card :-)

    At least you were able to leave one foot in your comfort zone since it is PINK - lol!

    I hope you have a wonderful and happy Easter :-)

    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done you Christine for trying this out and well done on the result, I wouldn't know where to start and would give up.

    Lovely shade of pink and a great card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous Christine, I wouldn't imagine it was easy to do...I would make a right mess!! You've done a brilliant job, love it.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, you have to do this more! I never manage to pull this off! I see you're putting your new goodies to work already! ;) Happy Easter xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. love this christine.the arty design is fabulous and i love the hot pink :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous Christine, you've done a great job on this, it's great, I love it, so different from your usual style, but I think it looks fantastic!
    Enjoy your Easter weekend
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally LOVE it!!
    Have a wonderful Easter.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. HI ya Christine! Nooooooooooo way! That is the coolest thing! Thank you so much for sharing how you did this! Soooo cool! And your card .. oh my goodness .. it is so GOR-GEOUS! Truly it is! I totally love how you did the "smooshing" .. it came out PERFECT! sigh .. I looove this!

    Hope you and your family had a beautiful Easter! :)

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is gorgeous Rizzo! Love this smooching technique!

    Hugs, V xxx

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x