Tuesday 21 August 2012

Anything Goes.... Make your own background...


Hi Best Blogging Buddies..

Another two weeks have magically disappeared somewhere ... and we're back again at Anything Goes.... this time the challenge theme is to 'Make Your Own Background'!  A few thoughts and ideas came to my head, but I decided to ignore them (!) and use some of my pink scraps that have been piling up lately!  So I spent a while cutting these squares, (I didn't use a punch, just my little guillotine)... then I stuck them all on a square card....  and hey presto!!  All I felt it needed was a simple Happy Birthday sentiment (done on the PC), cut with Nesties Labels 4.  I sponged the pink on to the label shape before I took the die off after embossing the edge.   I added a couple of gems, and a little bow and it was done!

Hope you like this home made background idea....  why don't you pop over to the blog here to see my fab teamies' creations too...  you're sure to get inspiration there.

We had some wonderful entries for the Summer Days challenge...  check out to see if you were a winner!

Big hugs
Christine x




18 comments:

  1. I love how you did the gradient and the used gliter too Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous,love the fab colours and glitter.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hun,this is simply gorgeous just love,the layout Hun its just brilliant,hugs Cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you background idea Christine and this card is beautiful too .
    Hugs Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great idea and super way of using scraps! Trace x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep does it for me lovely creative work &&& its PINK now theres a surprise..lol

    smiles tother Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant idea and a gorgeous card Christine!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like to see you on anything goes challenge! This card is really... Pink! Why don't you share it on "in the pink challenge blog"?
    Have a good day.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christine what a super 'pink' card, what a great background idea for all those scraps.
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the layout of the colours and the added glitter, looks really great, Great sentiment die cut and the ribbon and crystals just fibish it off.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sharp and clean, and so pretty too - what an adorable pink patchwork background!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your random glitter boxes,they way you used up scraps in this super cute Birthday Card. Thanks for sharing. ;)
    Happily Scrapbooking & Crafting My Memories~Sandra V.
    http://OhMyScraps2U.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is brilliant Christine.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really great idea, I have 2 boxes of scraps lol, love the pink and the glitter, Gaynor x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Christine, Beautiful card! Really good idea for using up those pesky scraps :-)

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great way to use scraps, it looks fab... and what a surprise that you have lots of pink scraps eh?! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done for getting them straight - mine would never sit that well!! Love it!

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x