Hi Lovelies...
For my card today, I decided to use a colour that I don't use often, but always admire - so out came my purple Distress Oxides!
I chose to use this fabulous Vivienne Butterfly from Memory Box (a long time ago). I diecut it from white cardstock, then wiped it over my Versamark Ink Pad, before sprinkling Embossing Glitter over. Then I traced around the butterfly on vellum which I'd printed with some watercolours (using a download from png.wing) cutting it out, then splattering with gold paint, and finally adhering it behind the diecut butterfly.
Then for the background, I used this die set from Waffle Flower which gave me the circles too. I smooshed some card with Distress Oxides, again splattering with gold. For the white rectangle, I used an embossing folder to give some texture.
After putting it all together, I added a tiny sentiment that I'd done on the PC, backing that with a tiny bit of the purple card.
Card Info:
Butterfly Die - Memory Box Vivienne Butterfly
Background - Waffle Flower Oversized Postage Matching Die Set
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Distress Oxides - Dusty Concord and Wilted Violet
Wow Embossing glitter - Persian Indigo and Carnival
I absolutely loved how this turned out and can't stop checking it out! I'm not sure I'll be able to send it to anyone... maybe I'll just keep it for a few months before doing that! Do you ever get that feeling when something turns out well??
Big hugs...

No comments:
Post a Comment
If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x