Monday 7 January 2013

A Christmas card I forgot to blog... Ooops!

Hi all

A quickie from me tonight.... I forgot to blog this card before Christmas...  just found the pic in my 'to do' file on the 'puter...  so here it is.

I used the Country Landscape die from Memory box for the shape (d'oh.. obviously)...  Coloured the little houses and trees...  used a Cuttlebug embossing folder for the embossed snow effect on the white, a snowflake paper (can't remember the name) for the background... which I've sponged with some Distress Ink as it got towards the horizon.  The sentiment is from Pink Petticoat... cut out with a Stamping Up Word Window punch..  then I added a green twine bow.  The finished touch was some bigger than normal glitter to give the effect of snow... not sure if that worked.

So there you go...  I didn't get to use it much this year, but think I'll definitely be using it next year!!

Big Hugs and Happy Crafting
Christine x
PS.... I had a tooth 'fall out' this afternoon (well one of those that's 90% filling and 10% tooth).... and all I did was eat a little Bounty sweet from what was left of our tin of Celebrations!!  I've got to admit, it's been wobbly for about a year or so, so needed to be got rid of... I just wasn't expecting it to be that way!! LOL!

Challenge:  Without Words January - Baby it's cold outside

15 comments:

  1. This scene is lovely. I love the sky and the glitter is fab.
    Hope your tooth didn't hurt honey.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful, peaceful scene! Lovely!

    Oh dear, what a pity about your tooth - but at least it happened after Christmas and not before! Good luck!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous little scene Christine! I love that die and have seen it used in so many fab ways. Love how you've used it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous little scene Christine! I love that die and have seen it used in so many fab ways. Love how you've used it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Christine, I really love the way you have used that die.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I love this little die cut scene, and I love how you've coloured it too - looks fabulous! Thanks for joining in at Without Words hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this card, it is fabulous a great Christmas scene, might need to look into that one for next year myself.
    I have a wobbly tooth at my check up last month she said it may need to come out but hope mine comes out like yours as it saves some money.lol.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning sweetie, this is simply stunning!! Huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. so gorgeous christine.i love your winter scene and fab embossing.
    Thanks for joining in our January challenge at Without Words :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, this is simply stunning - I love it. Thanks for playing along with us at Without Words.
    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very elegant Christine, I love the way you've used the embossed paper. It really works.
    Hugs
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card.
    If you need any more bounties eating just send 'em my way!! ;)
    Hope you are not in any pain x
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry about the tooth hun, but what a gorgeous wintery scene - hope it is not a sign of things to come! Thank you so much for joining us at Without Words for our January challenge. Hugs, Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous CAS card. I love the scene you've created.

    Thanks for joining this months challenge at Without Words.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x