Tuesday 27 September 2011

Card for my brother and his wife...

Just a short post from me today...  this is a card for my older brother and his wife... we're off to a family gathering on Saturday as it's their Golden Wedding anniversary this week!  Can't wait to see everyone together... there are about 26 of us when you add in children, grandchildren etc.  I had two brothers and a sister - but sadly my sister passed away a couple of years back... and I still miss her - especially at gatherings like this will be!  But... I have wonderful memories of her and that's what counts!

Soooo....this card was inspired my Rosietoes on the DC forum (thank you!), who was in turn inspired by Pickle!  The printing is done on the PC and is as near gold as you can get.  If anyone wants the 'how to' to get the right colour... email me.  I think the rest is self explanatory - embossing folder for the background, and a swirls one for the hearts.. hearts nestie... . MS hearts edge punch.... bit of ribbon etc...   It's a bit of a different card for me.. (NO GLITTER.. swoon.....) But it's what I think will be right for the occasion, and nice that it's personalised.

Now...  I've been spending!  I've been having a few problems with my neck/head while I've been colouring lately... so I bought a basic table top drawing board which lifts my card to 45 deg from the table!  It's BRILLIANT!  It wasn't all that expensive - just under £60 - an expense I don't really need right now, but I think it'll be worth it's weight in gold.... and it folds flat - very easy to put away, so i can use it on the dining table and put it away when we eat!! LOL!  I live close to a place that sells these boards - and a very nice man there let me have the board cheaper than advertised.... if anyone is interested.. email me, as he says he'd do the same if I wanted more.

OK, my post wasn't that short....
Hugs
Christine x

15 comments:

  1. what an elegant Card Christine .. they will love it . I love the punched birders and embossed hearts . I hope you have a lovely day with everyone.
    Now you have got your new kit.. you will be able to say " i'm going back to the drawing board !" lol - i hope it helps your neck
    Dare i ask how the tooth is?
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so elegant and sophisticated! I hope you have a wonderful time on Saturday!

    (I see Lisa Jane beat me to the 'back to the drawing board' crack!) It looks like a very useful bit of kit - have fun using it!

    luv, Mags x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Christine no sympathy from Lisa..LOL yep great one liner..defo looks a great piece of kit..your GW card is stunning & am sure the recipients will love it too.have a great time at the knees up..

    smiles the other Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Christine. Hope your new buy helps with your pain. Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it will be a great help. Colouring is the bit that takes the time so this is sure to make it easier. Love your golden anniversary card. Happy anniversary to your brother & his wife. Hope you enjoy the party.
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Christine,hope your drawing board helps.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an elegant card Christine! Love the whole design and the gold writing looks fab - will email you next time I need to do something like this :)

    Hope your drawing board helps! Have a wonderful time with your family on Saturday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely elegant card. I'm sure they will be thrilled with it.

    Love your drawing board - hope it helps you avoid the strain of hunching over a desk. I'll be interested to see what you think of it over time. :)

    Edna x

    PS thank you for the super enthusiastic post on my blog tonight. You really cheered me up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christine, what an elegant card and I love the colours. That table looks just great, hubby has been promising to make me something along those lines for ages, nothing yet though! Hope you have fun at your party. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Christine, love the heart borders and the embossing. Really classy card and I am sure they will love it. Have a great time, love family gatherings.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW Christine I turn my back for 5 minutes and you go getting all professional! Fab piece of kit you'll have to let me know how it feels, not sure I can get my head around how it will feel to colour at an angle.
    I love your G Wed card, the gold writing is fabby, ask Lisa what 'birders' are LOL
    Also lovin' your little santa card that I seem to have missed!
    Enjoy your family gathering

    HUgs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful card Christine, hope you have a fabulous time on Saturday.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous sweetie it will be treasured I hope you enjoy your time too, hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  14. stunning card christine.the cas design is gorgeous and i love the classic gold and embossed hearts :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your card Christine it looks very elegant and fits the occassion perfectly am sure they will love it.
    Your drawing board looks ace too I may have to invest in something like that as i get terrible neck pains when colouring
    Hugs
    Marie xxx

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x