Sunday 5 September 2010

Back to blogland.......

Hi All

Firstly, sorry I've not been around for a few days - I've had that dreadful tummy bug that's been doing the rounds, only it decided to stay at my house for a while without moving on too fast! Knocked me for six and for the first few days this week I was laying on the settee all day watching daytime TV. Not all bad though, I lost half a stone while being poorly, so it did have it's up side! Not a recommended way to lose tho... Then yesterday we had a big family gathering for them all (my two brothers and their wives, my honorary brother, a niece & hubby, a nephew & new wife, and a great-great niece) to say bye-bye to my daughter for a while - who, by the way, got her results on Friday and she is now a fully fledged CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT! So that was lovely news before she goes off at the end of September to pastures new.. :( Anyway, lots of cleaning done etc etc, before the family descended - so that took care of Thursday, Friday and then yesterday, we had a wonderful day...


Listen to me, making excuses for not being here! So onto my card...

Today I used SpringHuggabugg from Christy Croll at Tiddlyinks - what a lovely image to colour - such lovely clean lines. I used my copics to colour, and my prismacolour blue pencils to for the shadow - then sponged some Adirondack Lights pink sherbert around the edge, after I'd made a mask with some post it notes - (yes, cheating I know!)

The background paper is from my Basic Grey Green at Heart pad, then I added a ribbon, and a heart charm that I got from Pink Gem Designs. And then girls, all that was left to do was add........ GLITTER!

Anyway, hope you like. I would love to hear your comments so please do say hello and let me know there are people out there.... And I'll be back in blogland this week - then, we have the Papercraft show next weekend in Harrogate!!!! YAYYYYY can't wait!
Bye for now

Christine x
PS - I've also added a pic of my two darling daughters and myself yesterday - I'm so proud of them both - so couldn't resist putting their pic on here! Clare is the one in the middle who is off to Bermuda later this month........ But just think of the hols I can go on!! x



5 comments:

  1. Hi Christine,
    Thanks so much for sharing this card with me....so very cute. :) Love all the pink. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card christine.the image is really sweet and i love your papers and the fab pink colours.
    glad to hear you are better, sounds like you were really poorly.
    huge congrats to your daughter too and your photo is fab,thanks for sharing :)

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine I tried to leave comms. last nite but mr. blooger was being a pain..gorgeous creation Pink & Girly..but this piccy of you & the girls is just fab..congrats to your daughter for passing her exam..well done her..

    smiles Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a sweet image Christine and you have done a great job of colouring it and glittering it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will look out for you Christine at Harrogate...I will be the one spending - though don't tell hubby

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x