Thursday 3 October 2019

The Penguins Waddle


Hi Peeps

Last weekend, the fabulous Tracy from Dies To Die For held a pop-up shop here in Wetherby - and of course, I just had to spend.... well didn't I? LOL!  Now I loved the recent Mama Elephant release, so this was the ideal opportunity for me to relocate them from her shop to my stash..  then get down to some penguin colouring!

This image is called The Penguins Waddle - for obvious reasons!  I looked on line and spotted the lovely Elaine's (Marker Geek) YouTube video on colouring this image - and got lots of tips from her on colouring the 'whites' which actually aren't truly white at all - and also the blacks - which are mainly coloured with my Copic BV's. 

I stamped the image first of all, then stamped another image on masking paper before fussy cutting the mask and covering the penguins.  I then used my Distress Inks to create the background.


Card Info:
Image - Mama Elephant The Penguins Waddle
Colouring - Copics
Penguins - Whites - BV31/E40/E000
Penguins - Blacks - BV23/25/29
Beaks - YR27 Y18
Pinks - RV63/55
Lilacs BV01

After I'd coloured all the penguins, to finish the image panel, I splattered it with white Distress Paint to create the snow, then added the Fa La La diecut word - which is actually in glitter card believe it or not!  I then matted the panel onto navy card stock - and it was done.  I was really thrilled how it turned out.


Hope you like what I did...
Hugs

2 comments:

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x