Wednesday 9 October 2019

Happy Birthday Block

 

Hi Lovelies

I bought this fab MFT Birthday Block Die last week, and have been playing!  I decided to do some Distress Oxide blended panels and some glimmer spray before cutting them with the die. Then I used my Press'n'Seal to keep the letters in position before removing the die and the negative.  By doing this, I was able to add narrow foam tape on the back of the letters, before turning the whole piece of Press'n'Seal onto my card panel and burnishing the letters so they adhere well.  Yes.. sounds complex, but it isn't really..  check out the YouTube videos on using the Press'n'Seal.

On the first, I just added a small sentiment from one of my other MFT sets and embossed in white embossing powder. 


And on my second card, I decided to add a few of the MFT Birthday Chicks to give a different style.

Hope you like my makes today..  

Hugs

3 comments:

  1. Hi Christine, I typically place right by comment sections when I'm cruising through, but your sentiment that it means a lot cause me to pause. I truly love your cards. I particularly like the pink and orange combination of favorite combo of mine. I'm wondering how you got such an even distribution of your distressed effect. It is really striking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan.. I used blending brushes with Distress Oxide inks.. the colours blend together really well. I also sprayed some glimmer mist on top which gave a sheen. Thank you for your kind words about my cards x

      Delete
  2. These are gorgeous Christine. Perfect blending too. xx

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x