Sunday 1 January 2017

MAGICAL WORLD

 

Hi Lovely Bloggers....

Happy New Year!!!  I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and celebrated the New Year in style...  here's to a happy, crafty 2017!  

Sorry I've not been around in blogland since before the holidays - I decided to be brave and step away from my computer...  it took a bit of doing because I always want to see who's made what...  but I managed to stay away!  I think sometimes we do need that bit of time having a break from the usual - then we don't get tired and look at things afresh!

Now...  onto my card today.  It's new challenge time on the All Dressed Up Facebook page...  and our theme this time is..

MAGICAL WORLD

Well.... my magical world is filled with fairies and glitter - so that's what I decided on!  I also wanted to go as far from Christmas images as I could - but still managed to use lots of red and green.  I chose the paper before I coloured the image.... getting good, aren't I?? hehe!  It's usually the opposite way around!


Card Info:
Dies - MFT Rounded Banner Stax, CC Designs Toadstool Border
Sentiment - PC generated
Colouring - Copics
Skin E000/00/11/70, R20
Hair - E21/23/25
Dress - YG23/25
Wings - V000
Toadstools - R24/37/39, E40/41/43
Grass - YG23/25/63
Flowers - Y21

I stamped around the edge of the arch with a tiny stamp which gives the impression of a climber plant with flowers..  kinda like you're looking through a window at this magical woodland... yes???  Well it does in MY head! LOL!

Hope you'll pop over to our Facebook page HERE and check out what the other lovely DT ladies have come up with, before you join in this fab challenge!

Big hugs

10 comments:

  1. This is so sweet Christine...and I want really want to live in your magical world. Fabulous colouring and layout as always hunnie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely bright and beautiful card, great image and like the way you have done the sentiment.
    Happy New Year to you Christine.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this is gorgeous! I love how you've done the image! Really looks like you're looking into a magical garden!
    Happy new year!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so pretty, Christine! I love the flowers edging the arch, they are so delicate! Happy New Year!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have trouble choosing the papers first too! I'm eager to get onto the fun colouring part! Love your bright happy card hun. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really cute card! Love the image and I love the little flowers you stamped on the edge of the die! Really clever idea.

    -xxx- Happy new year Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. She looks so pretty and I love her glittery wings, a gorgeous card.

    I hope you had a lovely Christmas and wish you a very happy, healthy and crafty 2017.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year Christine! Your card is darling! You did an amazing job coloring all the little details! Love the shimmery wings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. bonne et heureuse année christine pour toi et tes proches, que ta carte est adorable, un conte de fée à elle toute seule!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another stunner Christine ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x