Wednesday 5 June 2024

Spellbinders Magnolia Blooms


Hi Lovelies...

For my card today, I was inspired by a card that I saw a couple of years back from Tina at Cards and Coffee Time.  I keep inspirational cards in my 'to try' file which I look back on from time to time.  I finally managed to get to buy the die set from Spellbinders, so I was able to play!

I loved how Tina did the colouring - so easy done, as the die comes in two parts - the filligree flower outline, and then there's a slightly larger background.  Both are cut in white, then using Distress Oxides, just blend a little colour on the background panel, roughly behind where the flowers will be.  The leaves are coloured on the filigree top, being careful not to catch the outline of the flowers.

Then, the flower outline is adhered over the coloured background - and WOW... so effective! I then used 3D foam tape to adhere to my card panel, trimming off the edges of the flowers and leaves to fit.


Card Info:
Die - Spellbinders Magnolia Blooms
Inks - Distress Oxides (a light and a dark for each colour)
Sentiment - MFT
White Nuvo Drops

So I would love to thank Tina for the inspiration and the tutorial.. I know I'll be making more of these soon!

Happy Crafting...

Hugs

1 comment:

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x