Monday 5 July 2021

MFT Hexagon Pops, Avery Elle Simply Said Hugs


Hi Lovelies...

Well........  as you can see, I've happily been playing with the Hexagon Pops Dies from MFT...  I think I got a little addicted to them to be quite honest!  

Soooo firstly I used Distress Oxides on some cardstock - blending rainbow colours together (colours listed below).  Then, I used the die with the three rows of hexagons onto this rainbow card - as they all stayed in the negative space when I lifted the die after cutting, I was able to put some wide purple tape over the whole thing.  I was careful to line up the purple tape with the edges of the hexagons, which allowed me to make sure they were straight on my cards when I adhered them.  But before that, while they were still in the negative part, I cut and added some tiny 3D foam pads onto the backs of all the tiny hexagons.  I carefully removed the negative of the die, peeling it back to leave the hexagons still on the purple tape, but perfectly in place to be adhered with the foam pads to the card panel.  I've got to say, this bit got easier as I went on..  but it just took a bit of patience to do the foam tape cutting.  Just be very careful to make sure they're all pressed down to stick, before lifting the purple tape.



Distress Oxides Used:
Spun Sugar
Picked Raspberry
Carved Pumpkin
Squeezed Lemonade
Cracked Pistachio
Mermaid Lagoon
Dusty Concord


I did a bit of gold heat embossing for the tiny sentiments - then used a HUGS word die from Avery Elle cut three times and adhered together, to give the word depth.  The tiny words are from the Avery Elle Simply Said Hugs stamp set, and also from The Stamp Market Tons of Type.


Finally, I cut another batch of hexagons from a piece of pink Distress Oxide blended cardstock..  I'm not sure which I love most!  Of course, pink has a massive place in my heart, but I love the rainbow colouring too!


Distress Oxides:
Spun Sugar
Kitsch Flamingo
Picked Raspberry

Sorry my photos aren't wonderfully bright - I'm afraid it's been stormy here, as is reflected in the white cardstock I've used!

Hope you liked my cards today - sorry the post was picture heavy!

Happy Crafting...

3 comments:

  1. Your cards are awesome Christine. I love this idea. Must have been hard to line up! You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these cards. I can only imagine how much work it took to make them!! I hope the recipients appreciate them. Beautiful all around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We greatly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x