Monday 22 July 2024

Sunny Studio Fabulous Flamingos


Hi Peeps...

At this time of year, when the sun shines (OK, it's not often lately here in the UK), I like to create cards with summer in mind.  This stamp set is one of my favourites for that...  it's from Sunny Studio Designs.  

Firstly, I coloured and fussy cut the flamingos and leaves etc, then laid them to one side while I blended a background panel. I was inspired for the background by mariekeslaats who had also used these flamingos on ATC's - thank you for the inspiration..  I couldn't get the light pastel shades that she managed using Distress Inks, I think I'm too heavy handed, so I tried Distress Oxides, and was happy with the result.

I did some splattering, both of water and white paint - then adhered the flamingos and leaves etc..  adding a sentiment from the set which I'd heat embossed on some of the card I'd trimmed from the panel I'd made.  Lastly I added then sun!


Card Info:
Image and Sentiment - Sunny Studio Fabulous Flamingos
Dies - Lawn Fawn Spring Showers (sun), Lil' Inkers Stitched Banner
Distress Oxides - Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, Dried Marigold
Saltwater Taffy,  Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry
Colouring - Copics
Flamingos - R00/01 RV42/13
Greens - YG21/23/25 G24
Pineapple - YR24 Y26
Watermelon - R43/08 G46
Water and White Paint to splatter

Confession - I did add a few gold sequins to this card after I'd photographed it - I felt it needed that little lift!

Big hugs

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful sunny and bright and cheerful summer card! LOVE IT as always!

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x