Wednesday 10 July 2019

A simple but effective card...


Hi Lovelies...

Today I'm sharing a really easy card to make using some Distress Oxide Inkpads and a stencil..... ooh and a word die too.  I've seen lots of rainbow coloured cards recently on Instagram, so I decided to have a go myself.

I took a piece of white card and firstly attached a piece of post-it tape across the centre - making ultra sure it was level.  Then I taped the stencil over the panel on my craft mat.  Out came my Distress Oxides, and I used blending sponges to colour through the stencil in rainbow colours.  I peeled back the stencil and the magic happens!  I then used a stitched rectangle die so the panel would fit my card.


I used gold mirri card layered up three times for the sentiment - but it's so difficult to photograph the gold...  but you can see it on the photo below.


Card Info:
Stencil - Judikins
Word Die - Whimsy Stamps
MFT Stitched Rectangle Die
Gems

I added a few gems to give some sparkle, then it was done.Such a simple but very effective card - I was really pleased with how it turned out.   Hope you like it too.

Now...  a question...  I'm wondering whether to continue blogging - as it would appear that Instagram is the way to go and I'm not sure that I reach many people through blogging any more..  What do you think?  Let me know..

Hugs
  

1 comment:

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x