Saturday 12 March 2011

So different for me... a male card!

Well girls...... it had to come - me actually making a card for a male!  Spurred on by Lisa at Mess2Magic  who mentioned some male challenges, and knowing I'd shown her these images a couple of weeks back, I didn't feel I had any excuse!

Soooooo let me introduce Murray.... (or at least his backside!) He's from a fabulous Murray and Ethel stamp sheet that I've had for ages, and even have had the images coloured for ages too.  I used my prismacolour pencils (in my early stages of learning how to use them as you can probably tell)..... then used glossy accents on his glasses and the paper.  I decoupaged him from the original layer, and also decoupaged in another layer his rather snazzy pants - so the 'crack' appears sooooooo real!  The sentiment is on the stamp sheet, but I did it on the PC using a fab font called Pea Noodle Parlor (free from Kevin and Amanda Font Site).  Some lovely fonts there to download, and i particularly loved this one.  I used Bazzill dotty cardstock with a scrap of a blue stripey one that I don't know the name of.  A MS punch went across the middle of the card, and then some little glossy beads (well, ok, some men like beads....) in the corner!

My OH is at work today, so I've kept myself occupied by washing the car, going to homebase for him, watching Corrie from last night that I dozed off during........(!)  then getting into my craft room.  I've started a couple of mornings a week helping out at our local AGE UK shop - and am really enjoying getting to know the place and the regulars.  Amazing some of the stuff that comes in to the shop - and it all sells really fast!  No nasty stuff tho........ thank goodness!  Of course, I'm just WAITING for a Chanel handbag to turn up....

Right......  I better press 'publish' before I rattle on and on....

Hope you like my change of direction - do let me know!
Hugs
Christine xx
Ohhhhhhh challenges for my card are:
Moving Along with the times - Card/Project for a Male
CES - Men Only
Ooh La La Creations - It's a Man Thing

16 comments:

  1. HI Chris .. oh i am so glad you put Murray to good use .. he is fabuloso!! and i have seen him in the flesh so to speak so know what i am talking about!!
    The papers are perfect .. and NOT pink .. goodness i had to sit down! 2 shocks in one day lol
    And of course there had to be some man bling lol
    I love it!!
    Thanks for joining in my male themed challenge at MAWTT this week
    Good luck with the other challenges too.
    Lisa x
    ps ... look out for me some bargains too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab card Christine, Love the sentiment that goes with it so well and you really do have a knack for finding those fab freebie fonts too. ;0) Your colouring is lovely and it is a great card. Glad you're enjoing your 'free time'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this has made me laugh and smile! It's a fab card! Love the colours and the image is fantastic. Good luck in the CES Challenge.

    Wendy
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous and fun card gave me a giggle too
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christine what a wonderful card, I hate doing mens cards i always find them so tricky.
    I have left something for you over on my blog
    Marie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your mans card and a great image. Thanks for joining us this week at the CES Challenge!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christine well it had to come? I mean a male card of course..LOL & why not when they turn out this fab..great image & yes the bling looks great..that sentiment is so made for that image...one stunning creation..
    looking forward to nxt Sat.. got my mens meals sorted..LOL..& me purse..even more LOL..

    smiles the other Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this image- I once used him for my husband's valentine! Love the decoupage- really effective. Now you have got the bug for men's cards why not give Cards for Men a go- I'm on the DT and the challenges are fortnightly so plenty of time to mull over ideas. Next one starts on Monday.
    Hugs, Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh CHEEKY Christine!! this is super I'm sure I have that Murray and Ethel stamp sheet hidden away under mountains of Magnolia stamps probably LOL I love what you have done you should make mens cards more often if your this good at them! So glad to pick up a bit of sparkle in you after all that you have been through. Can I put my order in for the 2nd Chanel handbag you find!!
    Love 'n' Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its me again! I forgot to say 'Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week and good luck with the challenge
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun male card you have made here. Thanks for taking part in Ooh La La Creations Challenge this fortnight and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Guest Designer for March/April for the Ooh La La Creations Challenge Blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. fantastic card christine.the image is so funny and a great sentiment :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol he's fab and you've made a super card with him too. sure to raise a smile..

    Kerry x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great card for a man Christine, I love the blues and the image you have used.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at MAWTT this week.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL! Love Love Love this card! The sentiment is perfect for this fabulous image! Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La in our "It's A Man Thing" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know men cards are not in my repertoire...
    Love this image though and a great card BIG GRIN

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x