Sunday 13 March 2011

A card for spring...... in my very un-favourite colour!


Well girls..... as most of you know me quite well now, you will know my favourite colour is pink.... followed by lilac, pastel green, pastel blue...... etc etc.  NOT YELLOW!  But......  I figured that as I was entering a 'spring coloured' challenge....  the most spring of colours is lemon/yellow!   Sooooooo, without further ado - I got out my punch and punched - and this is the result.  Very simple - no real recipe, only the use of a daisy embossing folder from Cutting Too, an xcut punch.....  some white centres from my hole punch - then lots of glitter put on the white centres.  Wellllllll, if I had to do lemon... least I could have some glitter!  And then after I'd photographed it, I kinda got carried away with the photoshop bling button........  i LOVE that button!  I would bling anything I could get my hands on if I could!

I've had a lovely day today shopping in York with my daughter Emma - who needs a dress for a spring wedding.  Believe it or not, we could find nothing suitable in the whole of York.  What has fashion come to when the dresses are all for stick insects?  She is a size 12/14 lovely tall girl, and we couldn't find anything!  Soooo we may have to end up at the Trafford centre soon...  Anyway, we treated ourselves to some lovely fudge from the Fudge Kitchen to console ourselves, then walked in the sunshine along the river back to the car.  Simple things......

OK.... I'm off to eat the roast dinner my OH has prepared (lucky woman that I am), Emma is in the kitchen chattering to him - so I guess I ought to go put the knives and forks on the table and look willing!! hehe

Bye for now girls, hope you had a lovely weekend..
Hugs
Christine x
Challenges for my card: Ladybug Crafts Spring Colours, Sarah Hurley Challenge - Flowers, also The Pink Elephant - Springtime

18 comments:

  1. Thats just beautiful! Thanks for playing along at LCI this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey its fab.. i love the yellow.. and of curse the bling.. i succumbed to the tummy bug today!
    Sorry you didnt get a dress .. but its another excuse to shop
    Thanks for joining us at LCI and sarah hurley
    Good luck
    Lisa
    ps - what about by the cute and girly lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really pretty card Christine - I'm lovin' the bling!
    Imagine not finding a suitable dress in York - shopping for clothes can be so frustrating. See you soon - Hugs, Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christine I love your card, great design even if it is not in your favourite colour. Fingers crossed your daughter finds something suitable on your next shopping expedition :-) Thanks for joining in with my Spring Colours Challenge at Ladybug Crafts Ink!!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine, lovely card its really sweet and I'm loving the bling!! Wish you and Lisa lived a little closer - I'd get you both on my wedding invite production line LOL
    Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christine, I love this card its so sweet and simple but very effective I love the bling too lol.
    Thanks for the nice comment on my blog and Im so pleased I now know where I got that sentiment from because now I can give the well deserved credit.
    Im in Garston so a bit far away from where you was, you never lose ya scouse twang i dont think lol
    Hioe youve had a nice weekend sounds like you did even without the success of a dress.
    Hugs
    Marie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card. Love the light yellow and white. Thank you for joining us in the LCI Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a very elegant card! Thanks for playing with us at Ladybug Crafts Ink challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card hun - love the fudge shop too....do not go to the fishy place though - rip off
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh no now you have made me hungry, I could just eat a roast dinner yum yum...gorgeously elegant card Christine, its fabulous
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty, I know what you mean about yellows. I've been having a go, but it's just not my colour. I can't seem to find many nice papers that I like in it. I love your embossing and those little punchies. Its simplicity makes it really elegant. Hope Emma finds a suitable dress. Trouble with spring is that you want something light and pretty for a wedding, but it'll probably still be cold! Hope you enjoyed the roast! Yum. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful card christine.i love the flowers and delicate colours.
    ooo and yum to the fudge :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, thanks for joining us over at Sarah hurley this week :D
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card,,it just sings spring. You have made my mouth water with all that talk of roast dinners and fudge..yum

    Kerry x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, thank you for sharing with us at Sarah Hurley Challenge Blog, Flowers Challenge this week! Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's simply elegant Christine. I wish I had a bling button on my PSP - it's fab.

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  17. CAS and lovely ...thanks for sharing with us this week at TPE :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card!

    Thank you for joining us at Sarah Hurley Challenges this week :o)

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x