Saturday 26 January 2013

Two in a day??? Not like me....

Hi all

Yes... I'm here again ... twice in the same day, not like me at all!!  I'm just popping by to show you this quick and easy card (and it's a just for fun one which is nice!).  I saw a card similar to this on Pinterest pinned by my good friend Sylvia... the original card was pinned and made by Loll.  This is my take on it - which I thought you may like to see.  I am still playing with my SU goodies that I bought a little while ago through Sylvia... and this little embossing frame is so useful, I think I'll use it over and over.
I decided to put my flowers actually in the frame itself... with the sentiment lower down..  I also embossed the base of the card with dots, and added a grosgrain ribbon bow.  I think I went a little two heavy handed with the centre of the flowers - next time I think I will either use little pearls or gems in a toning colour.

Materials:
  • Stampin Up Textured Impressions Frames Embossing Folder
  • Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing folder
  • Martha Stewart Hydrangea Punch (hoping they look a bit like violets!)
  • Martha Stewart Leaf Punch
  • Stampin Up Word Window Punch
  • Sentiment - Pink Petticoat
  • Grosgrain Ribbon from stash
The whole card took me about 10 -15 mins in total... from looking at a plain sheet of white card!  I already had the sentiment (and lots of others) printed out, so didn't even have to run downstairs to the printer!  Anyway, hope you like!

We went to the fab Berwick Kayler panto in York with Emma last night... a bit of a tradition.. but came out of the theatre to find the deep snow!!  So Emma left us at the theatre and disappeared off to get her car and bring it to the entrance...  then took us back to her flat (at 10 mph) and made sure we stayed there overnight ... in her bed, while she slept on a camp bed in the lounge!  She even made me a hottie bottle!!  Soooooo  this is one of the nice things about getting older....  you get to be the one being looked after!!

Hope you're all keeping warm and dry..
Big hugs
Christine x

25 comments:

  1. That's so beautiful, Christine! The flowers are so delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Christine, love the frame!
    Glad you had a good time last night.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so elegant Christine - love that MS flower punch.
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card Christine! Love how you've used that embossed frame, lovely shades of purple too :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous. I love the design with that fab embossing and beautiful flowers.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Christine, so pretty. Hugs Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is stunning, I just love the simplicity but the effect is fabulous.

    Kath x
    Yes it is strange to be looked after but doesn't it seem weird, when I used to go shopping with the girls it was me who carried all the bags, now it's them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christine, seems like ages since I popped by! And such gorgeous cards I've missed too!

    This one is just perfect - so elegant and lovely colours.

    Sarah

    PS - I'm eagerly awaiting getting old (or older!) so that Emily can take care of me - she probably won't though!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful - love the flowers and the colours purple xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOoooh this is such a classy card Christine - the frame is a perfect way to display those beautiful flowers.
    Great choice of embossing folder too.

    Have a relaxing Sunday - Hugs, Sylvia xx

    PS: Thanks for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So elegant and beautiful.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply beautiful Christine! Love the little posies and embossed frame!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a classy card, so beautiful :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Morning sweetie this is just gorgeous I love it, hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. simply stunning christine.really gorgeous classy design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. simply stunning christine.really gorgeous classy design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. simply stunning christine.really gorgeous classy design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty and so elegant Christine. Love the flowers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awww Christine what a lovely fresh design & flowers..reminds me of Spring..if I can remember that long ago..lol love the embossed effect..must try this again..

    smiles Christine tother one..

    ps freezing cold wind in Filey land..

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is stunning Christine!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. taht is just so stunning hugs Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous Christine. I love the frame.
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I simply adore this card Christine x

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x