Thursday 24 January 2013

Soooooooo Distressed!!


Hi Girls...

Guess what it's time for again?  Does the colour of my card give you a clue???  (And yes it IS pink... just a plummy-dusky-type pink!!)

WELL... the weeks are rolling by, and it's time for another In the Pink Challenge...  and this time the challenge is to use some sort of distressing.  As there are a lot of different techniques that are known as distressing, I thought this would be nice to do.... and I was right... I very much enjoyed making this card... even though I have been bunged up with a nasty head cold...  our house smells of Olbas Oil and cough pastilles!

Card Recipe:

  • Image - A Day for Daisies - Braid in My Hair
  • Paper - Maja Designs
  • Colouring - Copics and Promarkers
  • Lace and Ribbon from Stash
  • Crystal Stickles around image
  • Cosmic Shimmer Pearl Glue - dotted around image
  • Distress Ink - Victorian Velvet
I used an oval nestie to cut the image shape.... then used the blade of my scissors to distress the oval edge.. after I'd used the distress ink to shade around the oval.  Then finally I added Crystal Stickles to add glitter to the distressed edge.  I also used the Distress Ink for the edge of my square DP.

Hope you're all staying warm in this chilly weather... the snow seems to be disappearing a bit here, but sounds like we may get more before this cold snap is over!  I'm off to the hairdressers today to get rid of my grey... (!)... hope it doesn't snow while I'm out!

Big hugs to all and Happy Crafting
Christine x
PS... Don't forget to pop over to In The Pink... and get all distressed with us!

25 comments:

  1. so pretty , love that image. Hope your cold cears soon and your hair looks fab
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh what a beautiful card Christine - I love the image, and your colouring is perfection. The distressing around the oval really makes it "pop" - FAB-U-LUS!

    Hope you are feeling better today - Hugs, Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is gorgeous, beautiful image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful - very pretty - nice image....more snow set for tomorrow night. Get well soon - hate colds - New hair do will make you feel better
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card & i love your gorgeous coloured image .
    take care x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh Christine this card is so very beautiful. Loving the image coloured like that and the distressing too.It's not grey hair it's silver....well that sounds better to me...not that I have any.... ahem....at the moment!Take care :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops forgot to say, I do hope your cold is a bit better now too, hugs :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi honey, sorry to hear you have been unwell, hope it clears up soon! Love your beautiful card, what a pretty image. The Maja Design papers are some of my favourites, I have been using them a bit recently. Hope your hair looks ok and that all the grey has gone!!! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is so beautiful Christine - amazing colouring and I love the image - especially her hair.
    Enjoy the rest of the day.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunningly beautiful card, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card Christine! Love this image and your sparkly touches look fab. Hope you're all better soon xx Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Christine. I love the distressed look even if I can't bring myself to distress my own papers!!!
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Thanks for the help on Anything Goes! Still learning and thanks also for your lovely comment. You card to day is gorgeous and the colouring...WOW, am still trying!!! I almost feel like stroking her braid it is so real and the colour..gorgeous, love that dusky pink. Going over to follow In The Pink now
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card, lovely shade of pink and a really lovely image, beautifully coloured.
    Thanks for the nod on my strange blog posting, it was suppose to be a comment to someone, how the heck it got onto my blog I have no idea.
    Hope you feel better soon.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous Christine, love it!.
    Hugs Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so gorgeous, Christine! The touch of glitter and lace just beautiful with this image!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! Gorgeous image and the distressing looks great.

    Hope you feel better soon.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. so stunning christine.beautiful colours and design and i love this image :D
    regarding envelopes for my cards, for my off the edge ones and heavily embellished ones i used 8x8 envelopes rather than the 6x6 ones that come with them.

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is gorgeous.....I LOVE her hair!

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card Christine and your colouring is beautiful. Hugs Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful card, love the distressing. I'm not really a pink person (sorry if I'm swearing LOL) but I do like this sort of dusky pink :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Poor you! you sound bunged up from here!! Hope you are soon feeling tickety boo again!
    I can see your cold hasn't dulled your creative talent as this is a little beauty Christine, I so that Maja paper I used it once and am saving the rest!!
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card Christine! Love the soft coloring and the distressed edges!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yep playing catch up..lol must have a go at this girly image ..dont know if I could pull it off as well as yours..its super stunning..

    smiles Christine tother one..xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sorry late calling this week Christine, I hope you are feeling better by now.
    Love the card, that image is so pretty and love the paper and light distressing. I find it so difficult to distress ...too much or too little :o
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x