Tuesday 2 October 2012

Anything Goes Challenge # 77 Animals


Hi Blogging Friends

I'm back today with a card for the new challenge at Anything Goes...  this time our theme is Animals....  so as I figured a reindeer is an animal, I could start my Christmas cards!  I know I'm a late starter in terms of a lot of other card makers...  but what the heck...  I'm here now!!

I used a beautiful stamp from Stampin Up... but I'm not totally sure it's still available as I've had it over a year I think.  I stamped and heat embossed it with silver embossing powder.. onto plain white card.  I added a few gems to his antlers.... obviously he's a very well dressed reindeer and has his love of bling!!

I then used a couple of nesties for the circles... with silver mirri card (seems such a long time since I used mirri).  Then I used a gorgeous embossing folder for the panel - with more mirri card as a layer.  The sentiment was computer generated...  if anyone wants to know the fonts I used, I can dig them out... just ask.

So there you go...  quite plain and simple...  but hopefully effective.  Not easy tho to photograph and keep the silver showing...  it looks a dark grey but I promise you he's silver!

Do pop over to the main challenge blog HERE to check out my fab teamies creations....  there really are some stunners!  And don't forget, lots of crafting items can be purchased from Lynne at The Card Den HERE.

I'm getting excited this week as it's the Papercraft Show at Harrogate this weekend.... it's only a few miles from me, and I meet up with some lovely blogging buddies......  so can't wait!  But someone better hold my purse........  hehe!

Big hugs and Happy Crafting
Christine x




19 comments:

  1. Super classy card Christine - love the heat and dry embossing.
    I too am going to the Papercraft Show at Harrogate and I think I'm meeting some of the same peeps you know :o)
    Have a fab day.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Christine, I love that holly embossing :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cool, elegant card! Love the silver reindeer and the gorgeous crunchy embossing!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Christine this card is absolutely stunning and so elegant . I love it.
    Hugs Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Hunny I finally made it here!!! Your card is a little stunner - I love that embossing folder with the holly can I ask which it is and where do I get 1!
    The die I used you were asking about is from a Die-Namics shape from My Favourite Things, I got it at dies to die for
    if you change your mind and need more shopping on Sunday at Harrogate it would be great to see you
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christine, Such a beautiful card! I love the CAS elegant design.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very elegant, Christine! Love the clean and simple style to this card and a great one to batch make for Christmas! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Christine. Love your blingy reindeer and fab embossing :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christine - what a lovely card, so elegant, he is a well dressed reindeer.
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. so gorgeous christine.i love your stylish cas design and fab image :D

    x coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I have seen quite a few cards using this image but this one takes the biscuit. Love it, so clean and classy, beautiful card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful Christine, love the design.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply elegant Christine! Love the elegant silver embossed reindeer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card, it is simple and very elegant.

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card such a gorgeous image ,love the embossing too x

    ReplyDelete
  16. So elegant! Love that stamp and the gorgeous embossing! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh that is elegance done beautifully!

    Hope you enjoy Harrogate - we've got a craft fair in Lincoln two weekends after and I'm going to that, otherwise you would've seen me there!!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful and so stylish Christine! Love the clean CAS style.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. A really nice and elegant card! Trace x

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x