Tuesday 13 August 2024

Spellbinders Be Bold Blooms


Hi Lovelies..

Today, my card is one I've wanted to make for ages - I've had the die set quite a while, but I knew it would take a bit of organisation and lots of die-cutting etc to get done.... which put me off starting it for a little bit!

Anyways...  I got around to it this weekend...  and I was right!  My desk looked like a tip by the time I'd finished with lots of little bits of coloured card etc!  It's a large die set, so firstly, I cut a magnetic sheet to keep all the dies in their place while I used them - and hey - I didn't lose one!  I used Distress Inks onto white card for some of the colours, and used pre-coloured card for others.  I laid all the flowers onto a diecut oval and adhered them slowly until I was happy with their placement.  I added the oval to a piece of embossed cardstock then onto my card base, and lastly, added a small sentiment that I'd die cut from gold glitter cardstock, with a white shadow.  Finally, I added a touch of gold glitter glue on to the centres of the flowers.... better seen in real life.


Card Info:
Floral Die Set - Spellbinders Be Bold Blooms
Oval Die - Spellbinders Oval Bliss
Embossing Folder - Spellbinders Loops Embossing Folder
Sentiment - Altenew Sweet Sentiments Dies
Gold Glitter Card and Gold Glitter Glue

I've got to say, it took me a fair amount of time to complete this card - both for the design thinking and then the making, but I didn't sit at it for long each time - life was busy, so my card making takes a back seat!

And now I've seen what it looks like finished, I know I'll make more!  I've got a lot of flowers and leaves left still to use, so another one at least, will be easy!

Hope you like...

Hugs

2 comments:

  1. Oh Christine....your card is lovely! THE WORK! But the result is stunning! I can only image what it looks like in person! YOU NAILED IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card. Beautiful. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x