Thursday 29 October 2020

Slimline Shadow Box Cards


Hi There...

Today I'm sharing a couple of cards I made after being inspired by Jennifer McGuire's slimline shadow box tutorial.  I had to create it differently, as I don't have the dies she used, but I managed, by using a single square die 3 times, and elongating other rectangular dies, to create the slimline shape.

Now I've tried to show how the shadow box stands in the photos, but that's difficult.  The give a 3D effect, as the blue night sky is around an inch behind the coloured images.


For my first card I've used some images from a Birdie Brown set, with a little Rudolph and Sleigh from another set.  I had the Birdie Brown images from when she used to sell them digitally, before MFT sold them in stamp form, so I could resize them easily.


For my second card, I've used some snowmen from Sunny Studio Designs Feeling Frosty stamp set, colouring and fussy cutting them before adhering to the card.  I created some snowy banks for the snowmen to stand on.  The sentiment on both cards is from the Lawn Fawn Snowy Backdrops stamp set.


I created the blue snowy backgrounds by blending Salty Ocean and Blueprint Sketch Distress Inks onto a panel, then splattering with water to create the snow effect, before adhering to the back of the card.

Hope you like my makes today...  please say hello if you do..

Big hugs

2 comments:

  1. I love this Christine. I have been addicted to the slimline cards this year!!! I am so glad you posted this! LOVE IT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable Christine, I love these slimline cards and just started making them and I love the cute little images you used and fabulous backgrounds..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x