Sunday 22 July 2018

Mermaid Rocks!

 

Hi Lovelies...

Hope you're having a good weekend..  I've got to say I'm glad the weather has cooled down slightly here in the UK..  I know we shouldn't complain, but I was getting a little TOO hot! LOL

Today it's my turn to share some inspiration using one of the fabulous All Dressed Up July release images...  this is Mermaid Rock.  

I loved creating the background with distress inks - Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Evergreen Bough, and Salty Ocean (believe it or not, I didn't have Mermaid Lagoon - I'll have to rectify that quickly!!)  I blended them together on some watercolour paper before splashing with water to create the sea-like texture.  Then I diecut the MFT Horizontal Snowdrifts Die three times and adhered them together to give depth, before adhering them to the background.


Card Info:
Image - All Dressed Up Mermaid Rock, Die - MFT Horizontal Snowdrifts, Distress Inked background (colours above), Colouring - Copics - Skin E000/00/11/04, Hair E23/25/27, Top and Tail - BG11/13, V12/15, Rock T1/2/3/5, Glitter, Sequins and Gems

Believe it or not, my nasty E25 Copic blobbed on her neck... spreading as wide as it could... and this was after I'd coloured her tail and skin! Grrrr!  But a lot of working at it with my colourless blender managed to save the day - thank goodness!

Happy Crafting..

5 comments:

  1. Glad you managed to save her from the blob! Love the background too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, it certainly doesn't show. Gorgeous background, love the waves and a super image.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant colouring and a fab design love it Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  4. superbe fond, on dirait la mer! cette carte est adorable, j'adore TOUT lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO beautiful Christine. Your colouring is dreamy and gorgeous on that mermaid and the fab inky background! So lovely hun. Totally no evidence of the naughty marker blob either, well done! (So frustrating when that happens!!) Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x