Tuesday 23 November 2010

Second card tonight...

Hi - I'm here again...

This card was prompted by Christine over at Nanaseaside - whose lovely card reminded me that I needed to use this stamp that I bought when I was with her at the Harrogate show in September! Ah well.... ty Christine!

It's from Clarity Stamps - sorry I don't have the link - but as Christine said, Barbara Grey when she demonstrates it makes it look so much easier than it actually is!! And believe it or not, I've used silver embossing powder which looks gold (!) because I didn't take the photo in daylight..

Sooo, the image was stamped with versamark - then embossed with silver. I then stamped the image onto a sheet of copier paper, cut out the O and used the rest as a mask. I placed the mask over the silver image, then used a brayer to create the colour in the sky. With me so far? Barbara explained it so much better! The tree and star stamps were also from a little set by Clarity. When all that was done, I mounted it onto silver mirri card, then used a piece of card that I'd embossed with the swiss dots which was ALSO mounted onto mirri card - and put both onto my ACTUAL card..... (still with me? hehe), then used my MS punch for snowflakes that I (of course) glittered!! Errrr I think that was all!

Anyway - hope you like! I have another card, which I'll wait until the morning to post as I'm off to bed now....

Hugs

Christine x

9 comments:

  1. This is stunning and sounds like it took forever!..Beautiful
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZER def beats mine but ohhh I do like the look as if its in Gold Christine..clever likkle stamper...wish I'd got both the stamps now...mmm me thinks I need to play with the nearly unused 3yr old brayer NOW..well done stunning work...

    smiles Christine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Christine...so elegant.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is really elegant christine.i love the silver embossing and sparkly snowflakes :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOO GORGEOUS! As Em said, so elegant!!!
    I want those stamps! I want to live closer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOO GORGEOUS! As Em said, so elegant!!!
    I want those stamps! I want to live closer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is so stylish !! it's gorgeous Christine and very elegant
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is so stylish !! it's gorgeous Christine and very elegant
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is just amazingly gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x