Sunday 8 April 2018

It's a Beautiful Day....

 

Hi Lovelies...

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend even if the weather isn't the greatest here in the UK.  We went across to Skipton yesterday to call in at my favourite 'real' stamp shop Samuel Taylors at Embsay- which is closing it's doors this month after trading for about 20 years.  I will miss it so much, as I've been visiting and buying for most of those years!  

Now onto brighter things! Today I'm sharing a 'just for fun' card that I made using a stamped image from the fabulous April Card Kit from Simon Says Stamp.  I was inspired by Yana Smakula (thank you Yana) who made a card showcasing the kit - but I changed a couple of things to make this one my own.  

I had been playing with my Distress Oxide inks the other day - creating some smooshed backgrounds, and I thought one of those was ideal for the lower half of this card.  I used Picked Raspberry, Fossilized Amber and Wild Honey - dabbing them on a craft mat, then spritzing them with water, before dipping my card.  It works best if you dry your layers before dipping a second and third time.  You can achieve some really fabulous effects by doing this.  I also used a little bit of ric-rac style edging, before adding my butterfly and leaves.


Card Info:
Image - Simon Says Stamp Beautiful Day, Sentiment - Papertrey Ink, Distress Oxide Smooshed cardstock, Colouring - Copics - R81/83/85, Y17/38, YG23/25, Nuvo drops - white, Perfect Pearls sprayed on background 

I used 3D foam pads to raise the butterfly and the leaves to give dimension. I so wish I could get the sparkle to show on the butterfly - it's such a shame our photographs lose that magical touch.  Ah well, such is life!

Happy Crafting...

4 comments:

  1. une carte d'un style différent mais tout aussi réussie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty card Christine, love the butterfly and gorgeous colours
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super design and great use of the Oxides, love the white space at the top of the card and the way the image goes over.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh very clever with the oxides. xx

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x