Tuesday 25 July 2017

Who Loves Magical Unicorns? I DO!!


Hi Lovely Bloggers...

(Warning - Picture Heavy Post!)

I've been playing with these fabulous Magical Unicorns from MFT for a little while, and wanted to get just 'the right' background for behind the shaker bit.  You know what I mean by that?  Nothing else will do - you know what you want, and have to figure a way of getting it!  Well I scratched my head for a while, and this is what I came up with...


I used a light pencil to mark the size of the circle background I'd need - then set to with a pad of post it notes (the long ones, not the square ones), and I blended Distress Inks in a rainbow of colours - using the post-it note as a mask.  I started with the red, and worked through to the violet.  I was really pleased how it turned out, as I think unicorns NEED rainbows!  If you want to try this and need more help - just give me a quite shout.

I made three cards while I was in the Unicorn/Rainbow mood - and have more still to put together.  This is where it gets picture heavy! LOL!  (Scroll down for materials used)







Materials Used:
Dies - MFT Dienamics Peek-a-Boo Window Large
Mama Elephant Confetti Stars
Distress Inks for background
Colouring - Copics
Unicorn body - B60/63, C0
Unicorn manes -  
RV0000/00
BV0000/00/01
R81/83
YG23/25
Y21/38
R24/46
Lots of Glitter card and Lots of Sequins!

Hope you like my makes - I have a real love of unicorns and rainbows, so I really enjoyed playing with them... hope you will do too!  Like I say - if you need more help with the rainbow background - I could possibly be persuaded to do a YouTube tutorial.

Big hugs

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous idea and great cards. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant, three fabulous creations, love the image and your rainbow backgrounds. Great designs and lots of lovely sparkly sequins.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them! Wonderful colourful rainbow, such a good idea. Wish I didn't get into such an extraordinary inky mess when I try masking and inking...Great shaker sparkles too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww these are so cute. Love the sparkle from the sequins and the fab coloured backgrounds.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow so special that background is an amazing idea fab unicorns and gorgeous die just fabulous love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome idea Christine! LOVE these cards! Love the sequins inside the card too!!!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok leaving you another comment can you please share how you did RAINBOW absolutely love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your sweet unicorns Christine! and the rainbows too of course.I have never made a shaker card I must admit...I think I am just too mean to use all my sequins like that lol ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are fabukous, so cute, love the rainbows and unicorns

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x