Friday 20 May 2011

Less is More Embossing Challenge

Hi Blogging Buddies
Firstly so sorry for not posting much this week, I've had a really busy time and although I've kept up with my commenting, haven't be able to get at my cardmaking!

A real last minute one for me tonight - just getting it in by the skin of my teeth hopefully!  I did mean to do this card earlier in the week, but for one reason and another, didn't get to do it! Soooooooo hope I still can get it posted on the challenge!

Soooo I used the Flutterby Stamp from Stamping Bella..... onto some plain linen cardstock - which didn't take too well, as you can see.  Then the embossing bit!  I coloured the flowers with some embossing wet look pens that I've had for eons, put on clear embossing powder and heated.... and the result, I thought, looked quite good!  I did a bit of colouring on the main part of the butterfly with a prismacolour pencil and some gamsol..... fading it out, then (obviously!) added some glitter to my flutterby!  I drew the wobbly lines to frame - they're supposed to be wobbly! - and hand wrote the sentiment. 



As I say, a real rushed one - but hopefully acceptable!

We're off to Kefalonia on Sunday for a week, so I probably won't get chance to post again till after the bank holiday. As I've said before, I hate the working up to going - wish I had a star trek device that would just get me there with all that i need with me!! LOL...

So, see you all soon and thanks for dropping by! 
Hugs
Christine x
Challenge: Less is More

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Christine; it looks absolutely perfect to me! Kefalonia!! Wow, you'll have a wondeful time I'm sure - any room in your suitcase for me, lol!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Christine. you sure you hadn't opened the wine before you did the frame?
    Looks just super!
    Enjoy your holiday, how idyllic
    Thanks, see you in a week
    Diva LIM mandi
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh it looks fab Christine- hose pens worked a treat
    Hope you have a wonderful holiday .. speak when you get back and we will arrange a meet up
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look of this card....I really like the wonky border!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous and that is coming from a person who is not keen on butterflies (except in real life)
    Have a great holiday.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Christine, I do love these LIM cards, very stylish and classy.
    Enjoy your holidays and please bring some sunshine back home with you!

    Love Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty!! I love how you added the starbursts in photoshop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful Christine you really have this LIM style nailed now and this is fabulous! I love Stampin Bella images.
    Have a lovely hol I'm off to Crete on Monday so I'll give you a wave across the water lol. Italy was fab we went to Lake Garda a little place called Simione and we went to Venice and Verona on day trips - loved it!
    Hugs Laurie x x

    PS
    I have photoshop but I can't find the bling button!! When you get back can I have a tutorial! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh beautiful butterfly and fabulous card,
    Have a fab holiday.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. stunning card christine.the cas design is fabulous and i love the beautiful butterfly :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Christine...I love your colouring. Sarah x
    This would be perfect for the new LiM challenge this week......!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this one, I really the fact that you handwrote the sentiment and the lines rather than stamped them, and the simplicity of the whole card is really elegant. Love it Christine. Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow am loving your LIM creations cant seem to get into gear to get one made..
    this is gorgeous Christine && it does fit the NEW LIM (butterflys)what a shame..hope you have a great time on hols..am sure you will.

    smiles the other Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Uhooi,,
    Waw,, This card is good, beautiful and creative,,,

    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x